Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Is this Justice??

Is this Justice??

Old Nov 29th 2006, 10:45 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice
Default Is this Justice??

I can't seem to find a link at the moment but listening to the radio this afternoon a man that was driving his vehicle and drunk failed to stop for a state trooper. A car chase ensued and the trooper (without contact from the other vehicle) managed to go off the road hit a tree and died from his injuries.

Now NYS is prosecuting the guy that was being chased with vehicular manslaughter stating the if he hadn't tried to run then the trooper would still be alive.

Is this just?

What I mean is...the trooper was in charge of controlling his vehicle and if the guy that was all Stella'd up managed to round a curve then how bad a driver was the trooper that crashed?

Personally I don't see a case here of vehicular manslaughter....especially as their was no contact between the vehicles and the trooper never crashed to avoid an accident with the assailants vehicle...he was just going to fast.

Your thoughts
Old Nov 29th 2006, 10:49 pm
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is this Justice??

Originally Posted by Rushman
I can't seem to find a link at the moment but listening to the radio this afternoon a man that was driving his vehicle and drunk failed to stop for a state trooper. A car chase ensued and the trooper (without contact from the other vehicle) managed to go off the road hit a tree and died from his injuries.

Now NYS is prosecuting the guy that was being chased with vehicular manslaughter stating the if he hadn't tried to run then the trooper would still be alive.

Is this just?

What I mean is...the trooper was in charge of controlling his vehicle and if the guy that was all Stella'd up managed to round a curve then how bad a driver was the trooper that crashed?

Personally I don't see a case here of vehicular manslaughter....especially as their was no contact between the vehicles and the trooper never crashed to avoid an accident with the assailants vehicle...he was just going to fast.

Your thoughts
He shouldn't be prosecuted and the troopers family should sue the state for reckless endangerment for providing inadequte equipment.

the local memphis chapter of porsche club america took over the police training grounds and the cheif of highway patrol stated that his officers would not have a hope in a car chase.

I think that any european car above a 325 BMW or equivalent could lose a crown vic or impala on a non-straight stretch of road
Old Nov 29th 2006, 10:51 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by BritGuyTN
He shouldn't be prosecuted and the troopers family should sue the state for reckless endangerment for providing inadequte equipment.

the local memphis chapter of porsche club america took over the police training grounds and the cheif of highway patrol stated that his officers would not have a hope in a car chase.

I think that any european car above a 325 BMW or equivalent could lose a crown vic or impala on a non-straight stretch of road
Agreed but its not just the equipment. I mean if the car doesn't handle then you dont floor it through a corner right.....I think the driver training might have something to do with this.

besides..its not like the troopers have to stick to their bumpers...they only have to keep close enough to radio positions aheead to other units using a stinger. Too many "hero's" with sheilds and not enough training thats the problem.
Old Nov 29th 2006, 10:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Dogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond repute

And I had to chase people in a Hillman Avenger and Mk 1 Vauxhall Viva's.
Old Nov 29th 2006, 10:54 pm
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute

Agreed but its not just the equipment. I mean if the car doesn't handle then you dont floor it through a corner right.....I think the driver training might have something to do with this.
You would think so but maybe the red mist negates that.

look at the farcical US grand prix a couple of years ago. all the michelin runners needed to do was to slow down a bit to conserve their tyres. but this was deemed impossible
Old Nov 29th 2006, 10:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Dogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond repute

besides..its not like the troopers have to stick to their bumpers...they only have to keep close enough to radio positions aheead to other units using a stinger. Too many "hero's" with sheilds and not enough training thats the problem.
I agree totally BUT maybe equipment failure could be added to the equation aswell.A good driver knows both his limits and the performance limits of his equipment.
Old Nov 29th 2006, 10:57 pm
Account Closed

I think Im pretty right in saying that the general police policy here usually is far more testosterone fuelled than the cops back in the UK. I would also guess that because of the policy of British police forces to "follow" cars running that their are alot less fatalities.
Old Nov 29th 2006, 10:59 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Dogbyte
I agree totally BUT maybe equipment failure could be added to the equation aswell.A good driver knows both his limits and the performance limits of his equipment.
Agreed..drivers failure or equipment failure though....is it really right that the guy doing a runner should be charged with vehicular manslaughter? I dont see it at all and it just emphasises everything I think is wrong with NYS justice.
Old Nov 29th 2006, 11:26 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

look at the farcical US grand prix a couple of years ago. all the michelin runners needed to do was to slow down a bit to conserve their tyres. but this was deemed impossible
Sorry - you've lost me there
Old Nov 29th 2006, 11:34 pm
Mr. Grumpy

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
Sorry - you've lost me there

the race was messed up because the tyres michelin brought could not take the main bend at full speed without safety concern.

the easist thing to do was for the drivers just to slow down a bit but this was judged impossible...
Old Nov 29th 2006, 11:42 pm
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know but I also don't have any sympathy for the drunk driver why people still drive drunk just really gets to me. No excuse, not funny.
Old Nov 29th 2006, 11:53 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Is this just?

Your thoughts

Sounds like a party pooper state trooper made a huge blooper going round the loo - P
Old Nov 30th 2006, 12:06 am

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute

It is human nature to look for someone to blame..

No, I don't think it's fair to blame the man that was trying to get away..
Old Nov 30th 2006, 12:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Something similar is happening with the victim of a home invasion; the victim's apartment was broken into, and he jumped through the window to escape, but he died from the fall. Now the home invaders are being tried for murder, even though it was the victims choice to jump through the window.
Old Nov 30th 2006, 12:20 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
Something similar is happening with the victim of a home invasion; the victim's apartment was broken into, and he jumped through the window to escape, but he died from the fall. Now the home invaders are being tried for murder, even though it was the victims choice to jump through the window.
Voluntary suicide?

Bull.

They killed him as sure as if they'd have put a bullet in his head. Bastards.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.