Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Just when you think you're out of culture shock

Just when you think you're out of culture shock

Old Dec 10th 2005, 2:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud of
Default Just when you think you're out of culture shock

Beautiful snow overnight yesterday - about 4"...worked from home....pathways and roads got cleared yesterday morning....snow started to melt yesterday afternoon...anyway...

I look out of my lounge window this morning to see 2 people walking along with ski's on ....there has to be all of 3" of snow left, even with drift....and where are they going to ski to....it's flat at the back of our house???

Am I missing something here??
Old Dec 10th 2005, 3:14 pm
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just when you think you're out of culture shock

Originally Posted by Lottie
I look out of my lounge window this morning to see 2 people walking along with ski's on ....there has to be all of 3" of snow left, even with drift....and where are they going to ski to....it's flat at the back of our house???

Maybe they were doing that for a bit of exercise. I'm not 100% sure, but I think it's called cross-country skiing. Not my cup of tea, but some people like it.

~ Jenney
Old Dec 10th 2005, 6:11 pm
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Jenney & Mark
Maybe they were doing that for a bit of exercise. I'm not 100% sure, but I think it's called cross-country skiing. Not my cup of tea, but some people like it.

~ Jenney
Yep - that's cross-country skiing. It's a lot harder than regular skiing but good for the muscle tone on yer legs!

I prefer regular skiing myself.
Old Dec 10th 2005, 6:18 pm
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond repute

If I looked out of my window and saw 4" I'd KNOW hell had frozen over - and Scunthorpe would have won the Champions League!!
Originally Posted by Lottie
Beautiful snow overnight yesterday - about 4"...worked from home....pathways and roads got cleared yesterday morning....snow started to melt yesterday afternoon...anyway...