Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Just starting...

Just starting...

Old Jan 16th 2002, 4:32 am
Just Joined
Thread Starter
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 2
Marcia is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everybody,

I just happened upon this newsgroup, after research few times on the Internet. I've just begun the research and reading to see what the process will be for my boyfriend and I.

We are getting married in few months and we have a lot of questions about the process to change my visa status. Right now I have tourist visa and by the time of our wedding, my visa will be expired for 49 days (I already have an approved extension). I already called the INS’s 1.800# asking info, we already know what forms we need to fill out, and then what?

I was wondering if there is someone who is reading has experience in a similar situation as mine and could answer some of my questions as…(I’m from Brazil, by the way)

My main concern is, because my visa will be expired and also I’m working without authorization, my request to change status can be delayed or even denied? Is there is any penalty for that?

Any information I can get about that will be appreciated. Thanks.

Marcia is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.