Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Just so beautiful

Just so beautiful

Old Jul 16th 2004, 6:54 pm
Franklin

Default Just so beautiful

Have you made a “place discovery�? A place that is so beautiful it grabs your attention?

For me it has to be Oro Valley (near Tucson, AZ). Visited the area for a couple of days this week. I was, and still am, flabbergasted at the beauty of the area. The Catalina foothills are just AMAZING. I saw pictures of the area before my trip, but seeing it first hand ... was spell binding. The sheer size and magnificence of the rock and scenery is almost overwhelming. Such beauty. Picture rocks galore.

It's the monsoon season, so it was a bit uncomfortable in a suit but as the plane flew into Phoenix got treated to a fantastic lightning display.

Old Jul 16th 2004, 7:01 pm
Forum Regular

Dant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Just so beautiful

I've not had chance to really get out of LA, but I constantly find things in the city that I love and are so unexpected. Spending a Sunday afternoon walking around the canals in Venice or along the winding hillside streets in my neighbourhood, driving along the coast through Malibu, drinking wine with my wife at the back of the Hollywood Bowl. I think they affect me more because I, like everybody else who has never lived here, simply never expected Los Angeles to be such a beautiful city.
Old Jul 16th 2004, 7:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

effi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Patent Attorney
Have you made a “place discovery�? A place that is so beautiful it grabs your attention?

For me it has to be Oro Valley (near Tucson, AZ). Visited the area for a couple of days this week. I was, and still am, flabbergasted at the beauty of the area. The Catalina foothills are just AMAZING. I saw pictures of the area before my trip, but seeing it first hand ... was spell binding. The sheer size and magnificence of the rock and scenery is almost overwhelming. Such beauty. Picture rocks galore.

It's the monsoon season, so it was a bit uncomfortable in a suit but as the plane flew into Phoenix got treated to a fantastic lightning display.
Yep, AZ is a beautiful place. Have you ever been to Sedona? You should go and check it out, just make sure you pack plenty of film for your camera.
Old Jul 16th 2004, 8:03 pm

syllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by effi
Yep, AZ is a beautiful place. Have you ever been to Sedona? You should go and check it out, just make sure you pack plenty of film for your camera.
And be sure to rent a jeep to reach those breathtaking viewpoints.
Old Jul 16th 2004, 8:57 pm
Franklin

Originally posted by effi
No I haven't ... thanks for the heads-up. I hope to revisit AZ later this year, and for a bit longer than a couple of days ... Sedona sounds like a "must see". Thanks again.

Old Jul 16th 2004, 9:23 pm
UK & US Citizen

ScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond repute

St Augustine, Florida
Old Jul 16th 2004, 10:51 pm
Forum Regular

dazman has a reputation beyond reputedazman has a reputation beyond reputedazman has a reputation beyond reputedazman has a reputation beyond reputedazman has a reputation beyond reputedazman has a reputation beyond reputedazman has a reputation beyond reputedazman has a reputation beyond reputedazman has a reputation beyond reputedazman has a reputation beyond reputedazman has a reputation beyond repute

If you're looking for natural beauty, then Sedona should definitely be on your list of places to visit. Simply breathtaking scenery!
Old Jul 16th 2004, 10:57 pm
"Where are the shovels?"

jambo_2004 is an unknown quantity at this point

I find new stunning places the more I visit this great state, Oregon. It really has everything I reckon...well except jobs

Old Jul 18th 2004, 1:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Nevada b4 California b4 Colorado b4 Valley of plastic and sand, b4 London
veryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond repute

Scotland
Old Jul 18th 2004, 1:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Very Funny - I have to agree Scotland is beautiful and I have such lovely memories of the place (was married there, had our honeymoon there) that its always nice to go there. And its my husband's home (well Dunblane) and its nice to call it my home as well.

Jambo - Oregon is beautiful isn't it? We've just moved up from the coast, because there was absolutely no jobs available. But definitely a beautiful place to visit.
Old Jul 18th 2004, 1:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Nevada b4 California b4 Colorado b4 Valley of plastic and sand, b4 London
veryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by AmerLisa
Very Funny - I have to agree Scotland is beautiful and I have such lovely memories of the place (was married there, had our honeymoon there) that its always nice to go there. And its my husband's home (well Dunblane) and its nice to call it my home as well.

Jambo - Oregon is beautiful isn't it? We've just moved up from the coast, because there was absolutely no jobs available. But definitely a beautiful place to visit.
Aberdeen and Montrose, just love it.
Old Jul 19th 2004, 7:40 pm
Gravity Always Wins

a lad insane has a brilliant futurea lad insane has a brilliant futurea lad insane has a brilliant futurea lad insane has a brilliant futurea lad insane has a brilliant futurea lad insane has a brilliant future

Speaking as someone who's trying to escape Scotland, it can indeed be beautiful, but there are a lot of downsides to actually living here!
Old Jul 19th 2004, 7:47 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

A nice little weekend place......
Attached Thumbnails Just so beautiful-gordes-dsg.jpg  
Old Jul 20th 2004, 12:55 am
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

Midhurst, England.

That's the only place that will truly be home for me. I lived there most of my life before moving to the US. My daughter still lives there so my heart will always belong there.
Old Jul 20th 2004, 5:30 am
Howling at the Moon

lairdside will become famous soon enoughlairdside will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by jambo_2004
I find new stunning places the more I visit this great state, Oregon. It really has everything I reckon...well except jobs

That looks like around here in winter

So much natural beauty in the U.S.

Yellowstone gets my vote though hands down and the Canadian Rockies have similar scenery. Undoubtedly one of the most beautiful places on this earth.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.