just received email from our attorney

Old Jan 30th 2010, 4:50 pm
Forum Regular

Undefeckable will become famous soon enough
Default Re: just received email from our attorney

Originally Posted by Ray
Oh God !!! More bleedin Scotch
Scotch is a drink, sir.

I do believe that the preferred vernacular is Porridge wogs, Sheep-feckers, Haggistanis, 'sweaty socks', etc.

I'm a Porridge-munching, haggis-lovin' weegie, and proud of it.
Old Jan 30th 2010, 6:12 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Undefeckable
Scotch is a drink, sir.

I do believe that the preferred vernacular is Porridge wogs, Sheep-feckers, Haggistanis, 'sweaty socks', etc.

I'm a Porridge-munching, haggis-lovin' weegie, and proud of it.
And you are in range of my guns ...
Old Jan 30th 2010, 6:49 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ray
And you are in range of my guns ...
yeah... your license plate gave that away.

I already know that old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill.

You win.
Old Jan 30th 2010, 8:52 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Undefeckable
yeah... your license plate gave that away.

I already know that old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill.

You win.
LOL.....
Old Jan 31st 2010, 12:17 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lazzza
Thanks for the tip. You have mentioned this good advice to others and I have followed this. I have my "magic (A4 size - good old metric) pad" where I just list things I think about.

To be fair, we are fairly organised. Even the attic is sorted. I like to know what I am doing!

I hope to be finished in the office at least 6 weeks before we go, so I can really get organised. Hubby will be leaving immediately after the London interview, if he in fact gets the visa that is. So that could well be next month. I cannot leave until after 4th June, which is the date of my eldest daugter's last high school exam.

I am planning a week trip at Easter with all 4 kids to visit hubby, so they can see what will be their new home. The 2 older kids have never been in Houston. Of course the oldest is staying behind at uni in Scotland, so it will be hard to leave him. He is already 4 hours away from home. I just think that he will be 10 hours away instead. That makes me feel a bit better. And the uni holidays are long, so he will come out for extended breaks.
Is there a plan to get a green card, and if so, would you like to include the oldest child? It may (or may not) be possible but you should find a good immigration attorney to consult.
Old Jan 31st 2010, 1:17 pm
Forum Regular

Lazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to all

yes we are including the oldest one and yes we are going for green cards as soon as we can. Luckily, this whole process is being paid for as part of the relo package. We already have great US immigration attorneys. Both the HR department and the attorneys have been great at communication, so we know exactly where we are and what is happening.
Old Jan 31st 2010, 5:15 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

yes we are including the oldest one and yes we are going for green cards as soon as we can. Luckily, this whole process is being paid for as part of the relo package. We already have great US immigration attorneys. Both the HR department and the attorneys have been great at communication, so we know exactly where we are and what is happening.
Make sure you fully understand the issues regarding the oldest one "aging out" of eligibility at age 21 (if your green cards have not been issued by then).

Is the strategy for the oldest one to get an L2 and then come to the United States so he or she is physically in the USA when Adjustment of Status is filed? Or is the intention to try for an Immigrant Visa through consular processing? Neither solution is simple, but both may be possible.
Old Jan 31st 2010, 11:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Macca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond repute

stating that my husband's L1A petition has been approved. So that must mean it is London next? We're both dumbstruck.

Bloody hell! I am not going to sleep tonight, so I will just have to watch Glee which I have recorded on Skyplus (at least we'll have Glee in the US but not Skyplus I guess!)

I think I need to go and have a proper cup of tea!
You should think about moving to Florida. I hear the St. Pete's area is very nice and welcoming.
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 7:01 pm
Forum Regular

Lazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to all

well the Fedex parcel of papers just arrived, so it's phone call to the embassy in London tomorrow!
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 7:13 pm
Forum Regular

Here's your lead times at the moment for an appointment, and for processing afterwards.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/wa...itors_wait.php

Looks good at the moment, 4 days wait, then 4 days processing.

When I had my first appointment in 2008 it was a 40 day wait for an appointment!!

Good luck, take a book.