Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Just a quickie...

Wikiposts

Just a quickie...

Old Oct 8th 2003, 2:26 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by DaveC
We were tempted to wait 'til the last minute for flights. Glad we didn't as the tickets would've been over $2k each if I we'd booked today!
Ouch!!!! Guess it must be a full flight? Be interesting to see if it is....we went to Spain a few months back from the UK on Jet2, and got pretty cheap tickets booking well in advance - about 100 quid I think. My sister decided to come at the last minute and paid 250 - and the flight was only 75% full!!!
Old Oct 20th 2003, 1:52 pm
100% Pure

DaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just a quickie...

Originally posted by Yosser
2. which line do you stand in when re-entering the U.S? in the U.S citizen/passport line? or with all the other foreigners?.
I can exclusively confirm that at DFW you go through the US Citizens line clutching your GC. Took less than 3 minutes to get through immigration this afternoon. The 25 minute wait for our luggage took the shine off that achievement though.
Old Oct 20th 2003, 9:26 pm
Forum Regular

ArsNo2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by DaveC
I can exclusively confirm that at DFW you go through the US Citizens line clutching your GC. Took less than 3 minutes to get through immigration this afternoon. The 25 minute wait for our luggage took the shine off that achievement though.
Thanks, glad to hear that - will use it when I come home on November 9th - hopefully safely and on-time.

Did you have a problem with your flight over = was there any hitches at all. Friday night 10th October I was beginning to wish I was on your flight on the Sunday, we got a recorded message from BA to say that my flight was CANCELLED. Never had a problem like that in the last 6 years that I have been travelling back and forth. Had to be at the airport between 10am and 2pm for them to find me something else - ended up going via Houston - never flown there before (only driven) - seemed nice and short might do that another time. Flight to UK from Houston ended up being about the same amount of time, and landed at Gatwick still around 7.30ish. The aircraft was different though, apparently one of the '200' series -didn't like the layout, but there did seem to be more leg room - when seat in front was tilted back I still didn't touch it with my knees....

Talking to someone who was also redirected via Houston, she told me that her colleage who travelled the sunday before, 5th, also had her flight cancelled. Things must be bad if BA are starting to do that....

I'm gathering a lot of crap to come home with, including Xmas Crackers etc. Anything new to be aware of at Customs in DFW etc. Thants the bit that scares me shitless - they always pick on me - must look guilty
Old Oct 21st 2003, 12:25 am
100% Pure

DaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear about your outbound flight hassles. We were lucky we didn't have any problems with any of our flights. Just as well, my wife is heavily pregnant and was feeling pretty claustrophobic. Our Sunday flight from DFW was packed, the busiest I've seen for a while.

Didn't notice anything new at DFW, only that they seem to be getting in the habit of landing the BA jet on the furthest runway away from the terminal which makes for a longer taxi in. Grr! Customs was quiet when we went through, they didn't even have the sniffer dog out.

It was Gatwick where something new happened, I was intercepted by immigration after we had gone through passport control. I must look guilty too. They just wanted to know exactly where I was resident.

Hope you enjoy the rest of your visit and that your trip back goes well!