British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Just passing it on (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/just-passing-160213/)

frrussre Jun 18th 2003 1:21 pm

Just passing it on

1 Attachment(s)
USC (Born USA) friend sent me this. I don't endorse it myself?

Frank R.
Guess I will need to keep my head down after this.

Patrick Jun 18th 2003 3:31 pm

Re: Just passing it on

Originally posted by frrussre

Frank R.
Read Stupid White Men by Michael Moore - it goes through GWB's behaviour before he became president. I wouldn't let him run a hotdog stand never mind a country. The next president has a lot clearing up to do, even just to build international relations.

And the worse thing - Americans think he is a good President!

Patrick

Ranjini Jun 18th 2003 3:36 pm

Frank R.
There are a lot of Americans who would agree with you :) Now how about this that I picked up off a cooking forum (of all places) in defense of Martha Stewart. This was before the war with Iraq, btw:

Quote:

"Victicrat!!??

In 1989 a certain member of the board of Harkens Energy Corp sold over $800,000 worth of stock. Two months later the company made public its financial report showing it was millions of dollars in debt. The stock fell 75% in value. The net result for that certain member of the board, who knew in advance of the report's publication that the company was in deep financial trouble, was over $600,000. The certain board member then "forgot" due to "recording errors" to report the sale of the stock as required by the SEC. When that certain member of the board finally remembered to report the stock sale (34 weeks late) the SEC looked into it and decided to take no action. That certain member of the board was later elected governor of Texas and just recently President of the USA. A certain CEO of Halliburton Corp., who was Sec. of Defense during the Middle East War, negotiated for and purchased oil from Iraq by using European subsidiaries of Halliburton. This was committed despite the US embargo against Iraq as a terrorist nation and enemy of the US. That same CEO is purported to have been negotiating with the Taliban in Afghanistan in order to build an oil pipeline through Afghanistan (in order, of course, to move more Iraqi oil). That CEO has since been elected Vice President of the USA. Now, tell me Martha Stewart isn't being singled out for special treatment. Victicrat! " Unquote.
This was posted by an American btw. These are politicians, we are talking. And no reflection on America. Not everyone, obviously, is a supporter of GWB...

frrussre Jun 18th 2003 5:35 pm

Originally posted by Ranjini
There are a lot of Americans who would agree with you :) Now how about this that I picked up off a cooking forum (of all places) in defense of Martha Stewart. This was before the war with Iraq, btw:

Quote:

"Victicrat!!??

In 1989 a certain member of the board of Harkens Energy Corp sold over $800,000 worth of stock. Two months later the company made public its financial report showing it was millions of dollars in debt. The stock fell 75% in value. The net result for that certain member of the board, who knew in advance of the report's publication that the company was in deep financial trouble, was over $600,000. The certain board member then "forgot" due to "recording errors" to report the sale of the stock as required by the SEC. When that certain member of the board finally remembered to report the stock sale (34 weeks late) the SEC looked into it and decided to take no action. That certain member of the board was later elected governor of Texas and just recently President of the USA. A certain CEO of Halliburton Corp., who was Sec. of Defense during the Middle East War, negotiated for and purchased oil from Iraq by using European subsidiaries of Halliburton. This was committed despite the US embargo against Iraq as a terrorist nation and enemy of the US. That same CEO is purported to have been negotiating with the Taliban in Afghanistan in order to build an oil pipeline through Afghanistan (in order, of course, to move more Iraqi oil). That CEO has since been elected Vice President of the USA. Now, tell me Martha Stewart isn't being singled out for special treatment. Victicrat! " Unquote.
This was posted by an American btw. These are politicians, we are talking. And no reflection on America. Not everyone, obviously, is a supporter of GWB...
Any good recipes?
The finagling above, makes Martha seem like a Girl Scout.

Reg. Frank R.

frrussre Jun 19th 2003 2:44 am

I guess those wanting to be come USC 's are avoiding this one like the clapp.
Bet the Feds are monitoring this stuff. i have no chance now. A Brit forever.

Reg.

Frank R.

Ranjini Jun 19th 2003 3:01 am

I guess those wanting to be come USC 's are avoiding this one like the clapp.
Bet the Feds are monitoring this stuff. i have no chance now. A Brit forever.

Reg.

Frank R.
Lol :) Discussing politics (or politicans) is a futile exercise at best. And a waste of time IMHO. Much like discussing which country is "better" the US or the UK. The country of your birth will always have a special place in your heart, Frank. No one can fault you for that....

frrussre Jun 19th 2003 3:21 am

Lol :) Discussing politics (or politicans) is a futile exercise at best. And a waste of time IMHO. Much like discussing which country is "better" the US or the UK. The country of your birth will always have a special place in your heart, Frank. No one can fault you for that....

Not sure where I was born, my mother said she found me on the doorstep.
Frank R.

Patrick Jun 19th 2003 3:36 am

Much like discussing which country is "better" the US or the UK.
Well thats a no brainer, the UK! At least our President got higher grades than a C.

frrussre Jun 19th 2003 3:40 am

Originally posted by Patrick
Well thats a no brainer, the UK! At least our President got higher grades than a C.
Patrick, do you think I have any chance of becoming a USC?

When the FEDS do a search those M/tags will bring up my insults.

Reg. Frank R.
Guess a dumb ol Brit forever.

Patrick Jun 19th 2003 4:07 am

Patrick, do you think I have any chance of becoming a USC?

When the FEDS do a search those M/tags will bring up my insults.

Reg. Frank R.
Guess a dumb ol Brit forever.
The feds couldn't catch GWB and his brother Jed for fixing the last election, they couldn't get wind that a major terrorist action involving 24 guys and 5 planes was about to take place and they have no idea when the next terrorist attack is going to take place so we are sat on Orange forever - what makes think they could find Frank R (1654 Lake Shore Drive, NY City, NY 41885)

Patrick

frrussre Jun 19th 2003 5:58 am

Originally posted by Patrick
The feds couldn't catch GWB and his brother Jed for fixing the last election, they couldn't get wind that a major terrorist action involving 24 guys and 5 planes was about to take place and they have no idea when the next terrorist attack is going to take place so we are sat on Orange forever - what makes think they could find Frank R (1654 Lake Shore Drive, NY City, NY 41885)

Patrick

No youv'e done it given out my address. I'll have the local KKK & Montana Freeman outside my door. It's lynching time.

Changed my name to JOE SMITH, from Wisconcin.

Reg. Joe Smith.

lairdside Jun 19th 2003 6:55 am

No youv'e done it given out my address. I'll have the local KKK & Montana Freeman outside my door. It's lynching time.

Changed my name to JOE SMITH, from Wisconcin.

Reg. Joe Smith.
Join the club. I'm such a troublemaker I'm surprised they let me in in the first place.

My husband and I are changing our names to Abner and Daisy.......

Ranjini Jun 19th 2003 2:05 pm

Frank R.
Here's something else I found that I thought you might enjoy, Frank :)
http://www.toostupidtobepresident.com/index.htm

doctor scrumpy Jun 19th 2003 3:05 pm

bush is a politician, and therefore like every other politician world wide he is a horses ass.

doctor scrumpy Jun 19th 2003 3:16 pm

One of bush's crimes was he stole a xmas tree ! LMAO

Great Quotes From The Great Man number 1

"Do you have blacks, too?"

- Bush to Brazilian President Fernando Henrique Cardoso as reported in Der Spiegel. Condoleeza Rice interceded explaining that Brazil has the greatest number of black citizens of any nation outside of Africa