Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Just need some friendly advice.

Just need some friendly advice.

Old Dec 11th 2007, 2:50 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Just need some friendly advice.

Originally Posted by Zoot
Thanks...

so...

what is she going to do for the Affadavit of Support? Does she have a co-sponsor?

If she cannot prove her ability to support him and they don't have the assets, they won't get in based on that alone.
She wants to move back because of family, so I suppose they are signing up.
Forum Regular

Zoot is a glorious beacon of lightZoot is a glorious beacon of lightZoot is a glorious beacon of lightZoot is a glorious beacon of lightZoot is a glorious beacon of lightZoot is a glorious beacon of lightZoot is a glorious beacon of lightZoot is a glorious beacon of lightZoot is a glorious beacon of lightZoot is a glorious beacon of lightZoot is a glorious beacon of light

Could OP be a wind-up?

I'm suspicious about people who keep posting and posting, not taking advice that's given (or researching for themselves when informative links are provided).

I'm not trying to be unsympathetic. Advice from others who have been through this stressful procedure is invaluable.

But you've got to use common sense and look at the facts for yourself. To keep going on and on, whining and throwing out all sorts of excuses screams wind up to me.

I was stressed when I sponsored my husband. I experienced the death of loved ones, transporting my kids from the only home they knew, my husband was made redundant from a company he helped to start... amongst others things. When I looked for information about the procedure, I was grateful for what was shared.

Point is, we all have stress. To post on a forum seeking advice, then slam the members who have offered advice for not being sympathic to your stress screams wind up to me.
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Tracym
He will have a pension.
In his mid 50's I seem to remember, big cut back taking it that early.
Old Dec 11th 2007, 2:51 pm
Forum Regular

Zoot is a glorious beacon of lightZoot is a glorious beacon of lightZoot is a glorious beacon of lightZoot is a glorious beacon of lightZoot is a glorious beacon of lightZoot is a glorious beacon of lightZoot is a glorious beacon of lightZoot is a glorious beacon of lightZoot is a glorious beacon of lightZoot is a glorious beacon of lightZoot is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Boiler
She wants to move back because of family, so I suppose they are signing up.
Well, best of luck to her...
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Could OP be a wind-up?

I'm suspicious about people who keep posting and posting, not taking advice that's given (or researching for themselves when informative links are provided).

I'm not trying to be unsympathetic. Advice from others who have been through this stressful procedure is invaluable.

But you've got to use common sense and look at the facts for yourself. To keep going on and on, whining and throwing out all sorts of excuses screams wind up to me.

I was stressed when I sponsored my husband. I experienced the death of loved ones, transporting my kids from the only home they knew, my husband was made redundant from a company he helped to start... amongst others things. When I looked for information about the procedure, I was grateful for what was shared.

Point is, we all have stress. To post on a forum seeking advice, then slam the members who have offered advice for not being sympathic to your stress screams wind up to me.
It's not a wind-up.

She's having a hard time, give her a break please. She apologised for offending.
Account Closed

Could OP be a wind-up?

I do not think so, strikes me as somebody who for obvious reasons was looking for easy solutions, not more problems.
Old Dec 11th 2007, 2:52 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Boiler
I do not think so, strikes me as somebody who for obvious reasons was looking for easy solutions, not more problems.
Maybe you're right, i.e. didn't get the answer she wanted.

Well then, my apologies. Still, you have to face the facts.
Old Dec 11th 2007, 2:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe you're right, i.e. didn't get the answer she wanted.

Well then, my apologies. Still, you have to face the facts.
Well noone is looking for more problems.

I think she was unhappy at the answers she received - and don't blame her for that (not with the people, with the answers).

She just desperately wants to go home, and perhaps still does not comprehend what a huge issue getting insurance will be for her and her husband.

I hope she sees that excellent link for insurance, and hope she gets what she wants.
Old Dec 11th 2007, 2:55 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Tracym
It's not a wind-up.

She's having a hard time, give her a break please. She apologised for offending.
OK, then, I too apologize.
Old Dec 11th 2007, 3:09 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Could OP be a wind-up?

It is not a wind up, I am pretty sure, since I have spoken to her on AIM.

When you are in a certain frame of mind, sometimes jokes aren't so funny, and there were some comments that perhaps just didn't suit. Would I have reacted that way, probably not, but then again I'm not in her shoes. Stress effects us all in different ways-some eat more, some drink more, some sleep more, some smoke more, the list goes on and on.

I've read some of the Moving Back to the UK threads and thought to myself jeeze is it worth breaking up a marriage or a relationship over being homesick, or gosh you've only been there six weeks, give it a chance. BUT that is how I think, not the poster. It's easier to reach out sometimes to strangers, than it is to people you see on a daily basis. I guess if you're that unhappy, any port in the storm, ie this forum is something. IF you feel you've reached the end of your tether, then you do what you feel you need to.

We can sermonize, do the arm chair analyst routine and so on until the cows come home, but that's OUR thoughts based on OUR reactions.

I can only sympathize and thank my stars I am not the poster and truly wish her well.
Old Dec 11th 2007, 3:16 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by cindyabs
It is not a wind up, I am pretty sure, since I have spoken to her on AIM.

When you are in a certain frame of mind, sometimes jokes aren't so funny, and there were some comments that perhaps just didn't suit. Would I have reacted that way, probably not, but then again I'm not in her shoes. Stress effects us all in different ways-some eat more, some drink more, some sleep more, some smoke more, the list goes on and on.

I've read some of the Moving Back to the UK threads and thought to myself jeeze is it worth breaking up a marriage or a relationship over being homesick, or gosh you've only been there six weeks, give it a chance. BUT that is how I think, not the poster. It's easier to reach out sometimes to strangers, than it is to people you see on a daily basis. I guess if you're that unhappy, any port in the storm, ie this forum is something. IF you feel you've reached the end of your tether, then you do what you feel you need to.

We can sermonize, do the arm chair analyst routine and so on until the cows come home, but that's OUR thoughts based on OUR reactions.

I can only sympathize and thank my stars I am not the poster and truly wish her well.
I hear you cindy... and tracey...

Regardless of how stressed I was, I would research and take information on board. However, you're right - everybody reacts differently.