Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

just moved to the US from UK

just moved to the US from UK

Old Jul 17th 2009, 9:01 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: just moved to the US from UK

Originally Posted by surly
Seems odd to me so many are so unhappy in the US.
Why come in the first place and why stay if you don't like it?
Life's too short it live somewhere that causes you unhappiness and depression.
I'm not unhappy here.
I came because it was something that was offered to us and I didn't want to live my life saying 'what if?'
I stay because after only 18 months I don't feel I have given it enough of a chance, seen everything I want to see while here, can't afford to move back and husband wouldn't get a job at the moment in the UK.
I like somethings and not others (same as I did in the UK)
I'm not depressed, I said I felt depressed for a couple of months.

Must be nice never to have been unhappy and have everything perfect in your life. Hope you don't need abit of support and encouragement from people if you ever do experience it.
Old Jul 17th 2009, 10:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

surly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by N1cky
I'm not unhappy here.
I came because it was something that was offered to us and I didn't want to live my life saying 'what if?'
I stay because after only 18 months I don't feel I have given it enough of a chance, seen everything I want to see while here, can't afford to move back and husband wouldn't get a job at the moment in the UK.
I like somethings and not others (same as I did in the UK)
I'm not depressed, I said I felt depressed for a couple of months.

Must be nice never to have been unhappy and have everything perfect in your life. Hope you don't need abit of support and encouragement from people if you ever do experience it.
I have friends and family, why would I need complete strangers for support?
Old Jul 17th 2009, 10:09 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

I have friends and family, why would I need complete strangers for support?
Why do you feel the need tocome on here and get involved in these discussions then? Go talk to them instead
Old Jul 17th 2009, 10:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DMDA
LOL. Glad it wasn't just me!
or me
Old Jul 17th 2009, 10:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

surly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not unhappy here.

I probably have had more reasons to be unhappy than almost anyone on here, I just haven't whinged about it.
I've found that those that have had really serious life problems tend to get on with things
Old Jul 17th 2009, 10:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Why do you feel the need tocome on here and get involved in these discussions then? Go talk to them instead
Because I'm actually trying to get to understand why so many people continue to say how crap their life is here, yet continue living here.
Old Jul 17th 2009, 10:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Because I'm actually trying to get to understand why so many people continue to say how crap their life is here, yet continue living here.
Why does it bother you?
Old Jul 17th 2009, 10:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Why does it bother you?
I doesn't bother me it interests me, and I've never had a credible answer, only insults.
Old Jul 17th 2009, 10:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I doesn't bother me it interests me, and I've never had a credible answer, only insults.
You just got given some reasons why a person doesn't just instantly leave in post 16.
Old Jul 17th 2009, 10:36 pm

I probably have had more reasons to be unhappy than almost anyone on here, I just haven't whinged about it.
I've found that those that have had really serious life problems tend to get on with things
I consider whinging to be when someone goes on and on and you don't want to hear it. A bit like what you do every time one of these posts comes up.

Of course you have more reasons to be unhappy, you know everyone's problems don't you?

I think you will also find that most people get on with things like myself, the OP and hundreds of others on here. It doesn't mean that we can't offer sympathy, encouragement or support, and on occassion have a bloody good rant.

I don't want to continue this argument and turn it into a slanging match between us, this was a serious post looking for a bit of help.
Old Jul 17th 2009, 10:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

I consider whinging to be when someone goes on and on and you don't want to hear it. A bit like what you do every time one of these posts comes up.

Of course you have more reasons to be unhappy, you know everyone's problems don't you?

I think you will also find that most people get on with things like myself, the OP and hundreds of others on here. It doesn't mean that we can't offer sympathy, encouragement or support, and on occassion have a bloody good rant.

I don't want to continue this argument and turn it into a slanging match between us, this was a serious post looking for a bit of help.
I'm encouraging to go back to the UK. I would call that good advice.
Old Jul 17th 2009, 10:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I'm encouraging to go back to the UK. I would call that good advice.
Why don't you ask for this to be made a 'sticky'
Old Jul 17th 2009, 11:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Why don't you ask for this to be made a 'sticky'
Would you consider taking my advice?
Old Jul 17th 2009, 11:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Would you consider taking my advice?
I'm packing already.
Old Jul 18th 2009, 12:39 am
Forum Regular

mamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond repute

I came here from the UK in 2006.
I felt homesick at first.... but a couple of winter trips to the UK made me appreciate Georgia.
On my last visit back in June, I was actually surprised at how much ruder English people are than Americans..... never met a rude person in Georgia!
Now the only thing I miss about the UK is the NHS!

Maybe you just need to spend less time with your FIL??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.