British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Just like home. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/just-like-home-356191/)

Patrick Hasler Feb 19th 2006 7:18 pm

Just like home.

I just wondered.... Is everyone here actually British ? because you all make it feel like home, with all the bickering and people calling eachother.

As my wife has pointed out if this were a US in the UK forum everyone would be friendly toward each other without the name calling etc. They would be united as strangers ina strange land.

This is the sort of thing some of us left the UK for, people having a go at other fellow countrymen and women. Are there not enough nasty people in this world who hate the British without the British hating each other ?

I suppose I will recieve some more childish remarks for this but I don't really care ............... I'm gonna have a beer. :beer:

Angry White Pyjamas Feb 19th 2006 7:21 pm

Re: Just like home.

Why dont you join an American Expats forum then? They are really all nicey nicey to each other....and it gets boring very fast.

Rushman Feb 19th 2006 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by Patrick Hasler
I just wondered.... Is everyone here actually British ? because you all make it feel like home, with all the bickering and people calling eachother.

As my wife has pointed out if this were a US in the UK forum everyone would be friendly toward each other without the name calling etc. They would be united as strangers ina strange land.

This is the sort of thing some of us left the UK for, people having a go at other fellow countrymen and women. Are there not enough nasty people in this world who hate the British without the British hating each other ?

I suppose I will recieve some more childish remarks for this but I don't really care ............... I'm gonna have a beer. :beer:

Somebody deal with this, I'm watching the 500 and can't be bothered...YET!!!

Celtic_Angel Feb 19th 2006 7:23 pm

glad you feel at home :) ...as with any family there is bickering name calling and quarrels...welcome to our B.E family put your feet up :beer: :D

Rompers Feb 19th 2006 7:25 pm

I just wondered.... Is everyone here actually British ? because you all make it feel like home, with all the bickering and people calling eachother
yep, thats why I like it :D The perfect antidote to the fluffy, saccharin shit I have to listen to at work.

gruffbrown Feb 19th 2006 7:25 pm

:beer:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humour

Angry White Pyjamas Feb 19th 2006 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by Celtic_Angel
glad you feel at home :) ...as with any family there is bickering name calling and quarrels...welcome to our B.E family put your feet up :beer: :D

Oh CA you are just so.......nice.

Patrick Hasler Feb 19th 2006 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
Why dont you join an American Expats forum then? They are really all nicey nicey to each other....and it gets boring very fast.

I was right :D

I am in about every ex pat forum there is under different names already. I was invited to join this one by a current member and not all on here are asholes anyway. ........ just a few.

I have had some 'Nicey nicey' pm's from some people ... a couple were about you :D

Rompers Feb 19th 2006 7:29 pm

I was invited to join this one by a current member
Anyone going to fess up?

Angry White Pyjamas Feb 19th 2006 7:30 pm

I was right :D

I am in about every ex pat forum there is under different names already. I was invited to join this one by a current member and not all on here are asholes anyway. ........ just a few.

I have had some 'Nicey nicey' pm's from some people ... a couple were about you :D

I wasnt being childish I was being honest.

I do hope they weren't nicey nicey about me.

Rushman Feb 19th 2006 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by Rompers
Anyone going to fess up?

Dont worry , whoever did it probably did it for a practical joke to liven this place up, and it worked.

Celtic_Angel Feb 19th 2006 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
Oh CA you are just so.......nice.

I'm not just a pretty face ;) :D

Rompers Feb 19th 2006 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by rushman
Dont worry , whoever did it probably did it for a practical joke to liven this place up, and it worked.

said Rush, eyes wide open with innocence ;)

Rushman Feb 19th 2006 7:35 pm

Nothing to do with me mate. I only wish I'd invited him in as a wind up for you lot. Whoevers responsibly pulled of a masterstroke!!!

gruffbrown Feb 19th 2006 7:36 pm

Do you know what, I think you may have something there, do you work in Transport Patrick? :rolleyes: