Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Just got our Amex blue cashback cards

Just got our Amex blue cashback cards

Old Jan 14th 2009, 8:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

BritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Just got our Amex blue cashback cards

....and they started us off with a $10k credit limit! I was expecting maybe $2k or something.....cool!

I did the usual thing, Amex global transfer. Had our new cards within a week of application. So far, so good!

For anyone thinking of moving to the US from the UK in the coming months, I recommend getting a UK Amex card while you are there (and they can go off your UK credit score), then do a global transfer when you get to the US.

Otherwise no way you are getting a proper credit card anytime soon after you get here.
Old Jan 14th 2009, 8:38 pm
Forum Regular

Dodgykeeps will become famous soon enoughDodgykeeps will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Just got our Amex blue cashback cards

Originally Posted by BritishGuy36
....and they started us off with a $10k credit limit! I was expecting maybe $2k or something.....cool!

I did the usual thing, Amex global transfer. Had our new cards within a week of application. So far, so good!

For anyone thinking of moving to the US from the UK in the coming months, I recommend getting a UK Amex card while you are there (and they can go off your UK credit score), then do a global transfer when you get to the US.

Otherwise no way you are getting a proper credit card anytime soon after you get here.
We did the same thing - although you need to have held the UK card for at least 6 months before they'll issue the US card!
Old Jan 14th 2009, 8:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Longy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by BritishGuy36

Congrats - it shows how worthwhile getting an Amex is whilst still in the UK in the event you don't already have one. I am always telling people to get one as I didn't know to do this and know life would have been a bit easier over here at first if I had.

It might be worth trying to pull your credit in a month or two - firstly to see how far back they put the history, and secondly to see if you already have a score.
Old Jan 14th 2009, 11:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

augigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond repute

I did it and they started my history from when I got the Aussie card.