Reload this Page >

Just beginning - wish me luck

Wikiposts

Just beginning - wish me luck

Old Aug 19th 2006, 11:33 pm
Just Joined

AngusMcdangle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Just beginning - wish me luck

Hi everyone, I have had the misfortune of falling in love with a girl (USC - Chicago area), and am about to start the long long road to move over there with her. I am meeting a US Attorney in London on Tuesday to discuss. I am already getting grief from my family, I have the heartbreak of leaving two children behind too - my head feels like its going to explode already. I will try and keep you all informed of my progress.

I am a Gas Service/Breakdown engineer and will be looking for employment in that field once over - I have written to NIPSCO but received no reply. Any expats out there who have done the same? Did your CORGI or OFTEC mean anything in the US?

TIA, Angus
Old Aug 19th 2006, 11:50 pm
Gone but not forgotten. RIP

TRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just beginning - wish me luck

Originally Posted by AngusMcdangle
Hi everyone, I have had the misfortune of falling in love with a girl (USC - Chicago area), and am about to start the long long road to move over there with her. I am meeting a US Attorney in London on Tuesday to discuss. I am already getting grief from my family, I have the heartbreak of leaving two children behind too - my head feels like its going to explode already. I will try and keep you all informed of my progress.

I am a Gas Service/Breakdown engineer and will be looking for employment in that field once over - I have written to NIPSCO but received no reply. Any expats out there who have done the same? Did your CORGI or OFTEC mean anything in the US?

TIA, Angus
Welcome and Good Luck.

I still get grief from my Mother even though and my wife and I have been married nearly ten years. My kids in England are now 18 and 24. It's tough but you can get over it.

I doubt that anyone here will give a rat's ass about your UK qualifications. NIPSCO will not know what you are talking about and in any event most US companies will not bother replying to work enquiries from outside the state never mind outside the country.

If you could find an ex-pat owned business in the Chicago area they might be a good bet. At least they would probably talk to you.
Old Aug 20th 2006, 12:43 am
Account Closed

cabritpop is an unknown quantity at this point

TIA, Angus
The real heartbreak is going to be felt by the children trust me on this. Unless they are grown of course.
Old Aug 20th 2006, 1:00 am
Just Joined

AngusMcdangle is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cabritpop
The real heartbreak is going to be felt by the children trust me on this. Unless they are grown of course.
They are not grown up, they are 9 and 4. Their Mum left me, for no reason other than we drifted apart - and while I see them every other week, I ask myself whether I can lose this wonderful American girl just for the sake of seeing my kids that little - and whilst there is a real possibility that they could move away to Yorkshire (I currently live in Norfolk), therefore leaving me with little access.
My ex is fully aware of my intentions and, whilst concerned about the kids, is giving me more support than anybody.

Angus
Old Aug 20th 2006, 2:24 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

They are not grown up, they are 9 and 4. Their Mum left me, for no reason other than we drifted apart - and while I see them every other week, I ask myself whether I can lose this wonderful American girl just for the sake of seeing my kids that little - and whilst there is a real possibility that they could move away to Yorkshire (I currently live in Norfolk), therefore leaving me with little access.
My ex is fully aware of my intentions and, whilst concerned about the kids, is giving me more support than anybody.

Angus
You cannot move to the US to be with your US girlfriend until:
1) you are legally divorced from your wife in the UK and
2) you have a US visa

There's a FAQ at the top of this forum that explains the legal routes to the US.

Also, have you and your US girlfriend considered her moving to the UK, perhaps if she doesn't have kids herself?

NC Penguin
Old Aug 20th 2006, 3:18 am
Greatly Missed. RIP

DollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond repute

TIA, Angus
Hello and Welcome. Hope it all works out for you
Old Aug 20th 2006, 3:20 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

I ask myself whether I can lose this wonderful American girl just for the sake of seeing my kids that little -Angus
Well screw you Angus .... Thats one sick statement ...
Old Aug 20th 2006, 3:56 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Well screw you Angus .... Thats one sick statement ...
Well said....it broke my heart to leave my dogs behind.
Old Aug 20th 2006, 3:59 am
Greatly Missed. RIP

DollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Well said....it broke my heart to leave my dogs behind.
That must have been hard Jerseygirl..... we brought our dog with us when we came over (nobody would take her! )
Old Aug 20th 2006, 4:07 am
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Their Mum left me, for no reason other than we drifted apart
You don't seem that bothered
Old Aug 20th 2006, 4:08 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sallyanne
You don't seem that bothered
His loins are doing the talking ...
Old Aug 20th 2006, 4:08 am
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
Also, have you and your US girlfriend considered her moving to the UK, perhaps if she doesn't have kids herself?
Yep - surely it would be easier for her to move to the UK especially given your personal circumstances.
Old Aug 20th 2006, 4:10 am
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
Yep - surely it would be easier for her to move to the UK especially given your personal circumstances.
If she really loves you and is wonderful...
Old Aug 20th 2006, 4:10 am
Greatly Missed. RIP

[QUOTE=AngusMcdangle]Hi everyone, I have had the misfortune of falling in love with a girl
misfortune?!?
Old Aug 20th 2006, 4:12 am
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DollyLlama
misfortune?!?
I don't see your point

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.