Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Just arrived for 2 years

Just arrived for 2 years

Old Dec 13th 2005, 7:23 pm
allserene

Default Re: Just arrived for 2 years

Originally Posted by Celsius
If you don't like Wisconsin, then move to some other place in the US where it's more cosmopolitan. Alternatively, you could just move back to the US if you miss British food that much...
I think you mean 'Move back to the UK' - engage brain before writing eh ? I am here for the love of my US wife and not for the food and I will return when I am good and ready and not when some redneck xenophobe starts ranting

Old Dec 13th 2005, 7:31 pm
Banned

Nia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really nice

If you don't like Wisconsin, then move to some other place in the US where it's more cosmopolitan. Alternatively, you could just move back to the US if you miss British food that much...
You've been here too long mate! You don't miss British food? Moving to a different part of the country might not be practical or financially viable for the poor bloke so let him have a whinge if he wants to you old git!
Old Dec 13th 2005, 7:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Celsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by allserene
I think you mean 'Move back to the UK' - engage brain before writing eh ? I am here for the love of my US wife and not for the food and I will return when I am good and ready and not when some redneck xenophobe starts ranting
You call me the xenophobe? Read your post #59 for xenoophobia...
Old Dec 13th 2005, 7:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Celsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond repute

The only ranting I see is in your post #59. You must be a bundle of laughs at home...
Old Dec 13th 2005, 7:42 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Has Wisconsin seceded from the Union? Fair selection of cheeses though.
Old Dec 13th 2005, 7:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute

The only ranting I see is in your post #59. You must be a bundle of laughs at home...

are you really a redneck?
Old Dec 13th 2005, 7:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Big D
I think you should ask allserene the question who, coincidentally, is not living up to his name.
Old Dec 13th 2005, 8:11 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big D
Blue ass I hear!!!

Last edited by Ray; Dec 13th 2005 at 9:05 pm.
Old Dec 13th 2005, 8:56 pm
allserene

If 'go home if you don't like everything' is the mentality around here then there isn't much to discuss really.

The people who say that to Asians in England are usually National Front so It
looks like the same people exist here.

Good job the Indians didn't get away with that or none of us would be here.

What you don't like raw buffalo liver ? - go back to England

I am sure all of the people on this forum are not as hostile to newcomers to the USA and this forum so I don't have a bad perception of you all.

By the way, I dislike Wisconsin food intensely but the Wisconsiners as a whole are great folk, with many liberals, no death penalty and many have really interesting hobbies etc. Their ancestry is mostly German hence the food. I like Germany and the Germans but I dislike German food - is that ok to think like that in the land of the free ?

alan

Old Dec 13th 2005, 9:09 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Very normal people in Wisconsin

Old Dec 13th 2005, 9:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

If 'go home if you don't like everything' is the mentality around here then there isn't much to discuss really.

I am sure all of the people on this forum are not as hostile to newcomers to the USA and this forum so I don't have a bad perception of you all.

By the way, I dislike Wisconsin food intensely but the Wisconsiners as a whole are great folk, with many liberals, no death penalty and many have really interesting hobbies etc. Their ancestry is mostly German hence the food. I like Germany and the Germans but I dislike German food - is that ok to think like that in the land of the free ?

alan
If you can embrace the diversity and be tolerant of this diversity, in your case, the German influence on food, you'll do OK. If not, you will not be a happy bunny.

Anyway, I'm sure what you call German food in Wisconsin is bastardized German food, rather far removed from what is to be found in Germany.

Anyway, how's the cheese?
Old Dec 13th 2005, 9:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute

alan

You did rather take a pop at all american food in your original post - although it could be my interpretation?
Old Dec 13th 2005, 9:30 pm
allserene

ok I will leave you guys to it and unsubscribe from Brit expats after one day....... I can get this level of debate at any bar come midnight on a Saturday night - if brains were dynamite you would not have enough to blow your hat off. California is the cheese capital of the USA by the way - not Wisconsin - not that you folk would know - that would require literacy and you can't even get your arguments the right way round..go back to the 'US' indeed.

ok I will leave you to it - go pick on the next new boy in the school eh ?

But I am not going back to the UK - I am staying here to do my bit to change American society towards making you folk an even smaller minority.

alan

Old Dec 13th 2005, 9:35 pm
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute

If you can embrace the diversity and be tolerant of this diversity, in your case, the German influence on food, you'll do OK. If not, you will not be a happy bunny.

Anyway, I'm sure what you call German food in Wisconsin is bastardized German food, rather far removed from what is to be found in Germany.

Anyway, how's the cheese?
Sorry to butt in here, but it aggravates me when people say things like "if you don't like it, go home" and then follow it up with "if you can't learn to like it, you won't be happy".

You can't comment on the state of happiness of someone else's life. Equally, you can't comment on whether or not lack of a certain preferred foodstuff is reason enough for someone else to move back to the UK.

I don't like the bacon here. I also don't like the sausages. I don't like the way that dairy produce tastes of nothing whatsoever just so it can last 6 months in your refrigerator. I don't like the unavailability of simple baking products which appear to have been removed from supermarket shelves in order to make room for 67 varieties of sugar-free sugar and 150 types of "just add eggs and water" muffin mixes. I don't like the lack of decent pate. I don't like the lack of decent quiche. I don't like the lack of fresh cream cakes.

This is not reason enough for me to uproot myself and my family and move back to the UK. It is also not something about which I sit and cry on a daily basis. It doesn't impinge that greatly on my life and it doesn't make my little bunny self any more or less happy with my life in general.

Given the opportunity, however, I will moan about it on a US lifestyle forum on the internet. And eat lots of pate, sausages and bacon on every visit to the UK.

Hippity bleeding hoppity.
Old Dec 13th 2005, 9:46 pm
Ray

Originally Posted by Wintersong
I don't like the bacon here. I also don't like the sausages. I don't like the way that dairy produce tastes of nothing whatsoever just so it can last 6 months in your refrigerator. I don't like the unavailability of simple baking products which appear to have been removed from supermarket shelves in order to make room for 67 varieties of sugar-free sugar and 150 types of "just add eggs and water" muffin mixes. I don't like the lack of decent pate. I don't like the lack of decent quiche. I don't like the lack of fresh cream cakes.
Mrs Pregnancy talks.... What some jam on your kippers love.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.