Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Junk Mail From The Republicans

Wikiposts

Junk Mail From The Republicans

Old Mar 22nd 2006, 3:57 pm
Time Lord

dgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Junk Mail From The Republicans

I got a letter in the mail today sent by the Republican Party advising me to register to vote so they can win in the November elections. The idiots are obviously not aware of the fact that I am not a US citizen, and therefore ineligible to vote. They also seem to be equally unaware of the fact that if I could vote, the only way I'd vote Republican is if they put a gun to my head (in this day and age I wouldn't put it passed them). I'd still like to know how the sods got my name though, especially as we're supposed to be on the 'no junk mail' list. Probably the bloody Patriot Act

It gave me a good laugh though
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 3:59 pm
stara koka masna juha

cutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Junk Mail From The Republicans

Originally Posted by dgsyd1
I got a letter in the mail today sent by the Republican Party advising me to register to vote so they can win in the November elections. The idiots are obviously not aware of the fact that I am not a US citizen, and therefore ineligible to vote. They also seem to be equally unaware of the fact that if I could vote, the only way I'd vote Republican is if they put a gun to my head (in this day and age I wouldn't put it passed them). I'd still like to know how the sods got my name though, especially as we're supposed to be on the 'no junk mail' list. Probably the bloody Patriot Act

well I had several 'personal messages' last year from John Kerry on my answer machine.. and i am on a do not call list too.
... he just wouldn't stop calling me...
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 4:02 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

I keep getting junk crap in my email from the religious right. Here a typical piece of the crap befor it goes the way of the rest. Must get half a dozen a day. They're all effing idiots.

> Subject: WOW! THIS IS ONE HECK OF A STATEMENT !!
>
>
>
>
>
> STATEMENT AT A FOOTBALL GAME
>
> This is a statement that was read over the PA system at the football
> game at Roane County High School, Kingston, Tennessee, by school
> Principal, Jody McLoud.
>
> "It has always been the custom at Roane County High School football
> games, to say a prayer and play the National Anthem, to honor God and
> Country."
>
> Due to a recent ruling by the Supreme Court, I am told that saying a
> Prayer is a violation of Federal Case Law.
>
>
>
> As I understand the law at this time, I can use this public facility
> to approve of sexual perversion and call it "an alternate lifestyle,"
> and if someone is offended, that's OK.
> I can use it to condone sexual promiscuity, by dispensing condoms and
> calling it, "safe sex." If someone is offended, that's OK.
> I can even use this public facility to present the merits of killing
> an unborn baby as a "viable means of birth control." If someone is
> offended, no problem..
> I can designate a school day as "Earth Day" and involve students in
> activities to worship religiously and praise the goddess "Mother
> Earth" and call it "ecology."
> I can use literature, videos and presentations in the classroom that
> depict people with strong, traditional Christian convictions as
> "simple minded" and "ignorant" and call it "enlightenment."
>
> However, if anyone uses this facility to honor God and to ask Him to
> bless this event with safety and good sportsmanship, then Federal
> Case Law is violated. This appears to be inconsistent at best, and at
> worst, diabolical. Apparently, we are to be tolerant of everything
> and anyone, except God and His Commandments.
>
> Nevertheless, as a school principal, I frequently ask staff and
> students to abide by rules with which they do not necessarily agree.
> For me to do otherwise would be inconsistent at best, and at worst,
> hypocritical... I suffer from that affliction enough unintentionally.
> I certainly do not need to add an intentional transgression. For this
> reason, I shall "Render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's," and
> refrain from praying at this time.
>
> "However, if you feel inspired to honor, praise and thank God and ask
> Him, in the name of Jesus, to bless this event, please feel free to
> do so. As far as I know, that's not against the law----yet."
>
> One by one, the people in the stands bowed their heads, held hands
> with one another and began to pray. They prayed in the stands. They
> prayed in the team huddles. They prayed at the concession stand and
> they prayed in the Announcer's Box! The only place they didn't pray
> was in the Supreme Court of the United States of America - the Seat
> of "Justice" in the "one nation, under God."
>
> Somehow, Kingston, Tennessee, remembered what so many have forgotten.
> We are given the Freedom OF Religion, not the Freedom FROM Religion.
> Praise God that His remnant remains!
>
> Jesus said, "If you are ashamed of Me before men, then I will be
> ashamed of you before My Father."
>
> If you are not ashamed, pass this on.
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 4:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dgsyd1

Think you will find, the "No junk mail" & "do not call lists", does not effect Political Parties. They can still bombard you. They probably got your name from your driving licence, utility company etc.
Reg. Frank R.
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 4:03 pm
stara koka masna juha

cutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by frrussre
Think you will find, the "No junk mail" & "do not call lists", does not effect Political Parties. They can still bombard you. They probably got your name from your driving licence, utility company etc.
Reg. Frank R.
bastards
what kind of crap is that?
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 4:27 pm
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by frrussre
Reg. Frank R.
...or any old public records database. Try punching your name into www.veromi.info. Chances are you're in there somewhere. It appears to have all seven of my US addresses from the last 13 years, and linked me across states. Time to get the tin foil hat....
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 4:27 pm
Time Lord

dgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cutina
well I had several 'personal messages' last year from John Kerry on my answer machine.. and i am on a do not call list too.
... he just wouldn't stop calling me...
My Father-In-Law had a call during the 2004 election asking if the Republican Party could count on him the vote for Dubya. Let's just say he promptly accused the President of committing incest with Barbara Bush, and then slammed the phone down.

He's not one to mince words
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 5:34 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

And the Police, I got a fund raising call today, asked for the wife by her first name so I thought it was one of her friends.

Said very politely that I was not interested, twice, still went on so hung up.

Usually I would pass the phone to the 2 year old, but he was not around.
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 5:35 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

the do not call or junk lists don't include charitable organisations, political groups, companies you already have dealings with, nor banks...
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 11:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

You should go vote and then if you get in trouble, say the president told you to and show them the letter!
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 11:51 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

I have endless (and mindless) fun with my physical junk mail. I collect it then return various and random pieces of it in the pre-paid return envelopes you always get with it and send it back . So somewhere there are credit card companies opening offers from mail order fitness companies and banks getting my betty crocker offers. Its very theraputic I can assure you.
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 12:09 am
BE Forum Addict

tony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
I keep getting junk crap in my email from the religious right. Here a typical piece of the crap befor it goes the way of the rest. Must get half a dozen a day. They're all effing idiots.

>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Country."
>
>
>
>
> offended, no problem..
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
This sounds like typical e-mail junk and am surprised the paper printed it in that form. However from your post you obviously do not agree with the facts that are stated. The points raised are, as I understand the Law as it stands unless I am a complete idiot. So are they facts or not in your opinion?
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 12:16 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tony126
This sounds like typical e-mail junk and am surprised the paper printed it in that form. However from your post you obviously do not agree with the facts that are stated. The points raised are, as I understand the Law as it stands unless I am a complete idiot. So are they facts or not in your opinion?

They're a need to feel persecuted and a sickness IMVHO. They're also the idiots that keep that disastrous government in power.
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 12:29 am

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Re: Junk Mail From The Republicans

It's not just mail from the republicans.

My 17 year old son, a British citizen and born in England keeps getting phone calls from:

The Navy
The Air Force
The Army
and even the Army National Guard.

They are accompanied by 'free gift offers'; eg. if he phones a 1-800 number and responds to a few questions he will get a free 30 minute phone card, or the Marines were offering a backpack.....

I bet they'd still recruit him into the forces if they could as their recruitment numbers are so low.

He doesn't want to join up and he doesn't want to go into the Royal Navy, RAF or the British Army either (which is a big relief!).
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 1:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit

>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Country."
>
>
>
>
> offended, no problem..
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
You've got to admire their internal logic though

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.