Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

July 4th Weekend

July 4th Weekend

Old Jul 1st 2005, 6:24 pm
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute
Default July 4th Weekend

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8428763/

are you travelling anywhere nice this weekend to celebrate Independance from the evil British or just staying home?
Old Jul 1st 2005, 6:28 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: July 4th Weekend

My big brother arrives from London tomorrow and will be with us til July 5th. He's staying on our boat with us and we'll be boating to the shell thing in Boston to see the fireworks. It's my 3rd year doing it and his first. Should be fun.
Old Jul 1st 2005, 6:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Celtic_Angel

are you travelling anywhere nice this weekend to celebrate Independance from the evil British or just staying home?
We're going to the Oregon coast to take the dog away from the evil and ridiculous fireworkers! Grandparents live there and they live in a community where they don't allow fireworks! Bliss! We stayed home last year and little did we know that the neighbourhood goes firework silly here. The neighbours started at noon and didn't let up till after midnight! I guess they must save up for it the whole year. At any rate, we didn't bring our dog over from the UK to have her drop dead of a heart attack here.
Old Jul 1st 2005, 6:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

woodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond repute

we're off to a big barbecue with some American friends, they live up in the hills and we're told you can see the fireworks all over LA so should be fun..
Old Jul 1st 2005, 6:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Toontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond repute

You may guess only once!
Old Jul 1st 2005, 6:37 pm
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sibsie
My big brother arrives from London tomorrow and will be with us til July 5th. He's staying on our boat with us and we'll be boating to the shell thing in Boston to see the fireworks. It's my 3rd year doing it and his first. Should be fun.
ohh you have a boat? sounds very Posh
hubby just sprung a surprise on me and we'll be off to the nice clean beaches of Padre Island

The fireworks in Houston kinda suck..one year we had the wind blowing the burning embers down on us..seriously..mothers were covering children with blankets...we couldn't get out of there fast enough...bloody paid for the privilege too
Old Jul 1st 2005, 6:39 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: July 4th Weekend

are you travelling anywhere nice this weekend

Yes, I'm travelling to England tomorrow LOL!

My husband is already there as he's been in meetings at Head Office in London this week, so he will meet our son and myself at Heathrow.

It's our wedding anniversary on 4th of July so I hope he's taking me out for a nice meal...

We've managed to get some really cheap flights on those budget airlines, so next Thursday we're flying with one of the newer ones

http://www.thomsonfly.co.uk

from Coventry to Venice (and staying at a Eurocamp site for a week) then we'll drive south through Tuscany or Umbria, staying at B&Bs or small hotels along the way.....would really love to see Pompeii but don't fancy staying in Naples (too much crime - don't want to pay up for a stolen rental car LOL!) so might stay in Sorrento. We're flying back to Stansted with Ryanair from Rome....husband flies back to NJ, daughter is flying to India with some student friends....and I get to stay with my sister in Coventry (son not happy!) as we need to have our visa interviews at the US Embassy and wait for the return of our passports before we can fly back to the States. I think I'm away for about 5 weeks....
Old Jul 1st 2005, 6:40 pm
Back Again

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
We're going to the Oregon coast to take the dog away from the evil and ridiculous fireworkers! Grandparents live there and they live in a community where they don't allow fireworks! Bliss! We stayed home last year and little did we know that the neighbourhood goes firework silly here. The neighbours started at noon and didn't let up till after midnight! I guess they must save up for it the whole year. At any rate, we didn't bring our dog over from the UK to have her drop dead of a heart attack here.
I never heard of anyone who didn't like fireworks I've always lived were they were not allowed...we'd do it anyway New Years Eve was always the best...even the cops would turn a blind eye.

now we're surrounded by trees so we wouldn't dare and rely on the city fireworks for a good display
Old Jul 1st 2005, 6:43 pm
Back Again

Originally Posted by Englishmum
from Coventry to Venice (and staying at a Eurocamp site for a week) then we'll drive south through Tuscany or Umbria, staying at B&Bs or small hotels along the way.....would really love to see Pompeii but don't fancy staying in Naples (too much crime - don't want to pay up for a stolen rental car LOL!) so might stay in Sorrento. We're flying back to Stansted with Ryanair from Rome....
I wish I hadn't asked

I'm so jealous!!!! you're in for a great trip and have a wonderful Anniversary!!
Old Jul 1st 2005, 6:43 pm
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going to Knox Vegas to stay with the in-laws. No doubt I will get dragged onto a ride-on lawnmower with a beer in hand and made to mow the lower field
Old Jul 1st 2005, 6:44 pm
Back Again

Originally Posted by BritGuyTN
I'm going to Knox Vegas to stay with the in-laws. No doubt I will get dragged onto a ride-on lawnmower with a beer in hand and made to mow the lower field
make sure it's a Bud
Old Jul 1st 2005, 6:45 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

ohh you have a boat? sounds very Posh
It's called The Sibsie! Hubby loves it, sometimes I think far more than his other Sibsie.
Old Jul 1st 2005, 6:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

tony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond repute

We are the height of fun. Like all Bank Holidays we will be staying at home. You will not catch me driving anywhere this week-end. That is the consensus of opinion in our household. Just might have one or two.
Old Jul 1st 2005, 6:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

Grilling and watching the fireworks from the Arizona country club. We've got too many plans for the rest of the year to actually go away somewhere. Getting out of work today at 1pm also.
Old Jul 1st 2005, 7:06 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: July 4th Weekend

I wish I hadn't asked

I'm so jealous!!!! you're in for a great trip and have a wonderful Anniversary!!
Thank you very much! He has no excuse to forget does he LOL!

I've just remembered that the Royal Show is on from 3-6 July and I love going there, seeing all the prize sheep & cattle and watching the showjumping and tractor displays .....I especially love the Food Pavilion where they have fantastic samples of food from the UK and around the world...and fab sausages LOL! They always have a Harrods and Marks & Spencers section.....a number of years ago I was working at the PO counter at the Royal Show (it really is like a small city when the show takes place each year) and at lunchtime I decided to go and get a sarnie from M&S....I couldn't understand why the route I was walking along was cordoned off and everyone was behind barriers, but then I realised that there was a small motorcade following me! I went to the counter where M&S was located to pay for my sarnie and suddenly Princess Alexandra was standing next to me, shaking everyone's hands. I was surprised at how much make-up she was wearing....

Ooooh, I love being in England in the Summertime, the long Summer evenings are wonderful.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.