Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

The Joy of HOA

The Joy of HOA

Old Mar 14th 2006, 4:08 pm
Northern Monkey!

jibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Joy of HOA

Originally Posted by paul_TX
If that's "slightly OT", I'd hate to see you go waaaaaay OT
I know, but i saw the bit about having to have water softeners etc. hidden and it reminded me! My fingers just started typing, i had no control over them! ala Evil Dead!
Old Mar 14th 2006, 4:15 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ladylisa
I think you should mess with there heads why dont you creep out every hour and swap the flags around, that way just as they are gathering the troops to complain the flags will be back in their right full place. And how about getting a union jack that is bigger than the US flag and occasionally flying that out there and then swapping it back. If they knock on your door you can tell them they need to visit their optician.
Now your onto something here...
Old Mar 14th 2006, 4:16 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by TouristTrap
There is a reason I don't live in an HOA community. They're ALL nazis.
Yes. Our next abode shall not be. Infact right now Im tempted to move into the house we are building to sell...its on acreage and not in an HOA community.
Old Mar 14th 2006, 4:20 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Are there enough expats to force a petition to amend the bylaws?

What about all those stinkin seasonal flags that people hang up? I didn't read your HOA covenants, are only country flags banned?

I guess things could get interesting if one person starts flying the Israeli flag and another an Arabic country's flag........
Old Mar 14th 2006, 4:21 pm
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mickmills
Thats crazy. Was planning on flying the st geroge's cross for the world cup, will have to see what happens here in TN
Where in Nashville are you?

I will be able to give you an indication
Old Mar 14th 2006, 4:22 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by snowbunny
Are there enough expats to force a petition to amend the bylaws?

What about all those stinkin seasonal flags that people hang up? I didn't read your HOA covenants, are only country flags banned?

I guess things could get interesting if one person starts flying the Israeli flag and another an Arabic country's flag........
It actually states non-offensive state or national flags. I bet someone would complain that an Arabic flag was offensive.
Old Mar 14th 2006, 4:24 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
It actually states non-offensive state or national flags. I bet someone would complain that an Arabic flag was offensive.
Well Bob's yer patriotic uncle then. The Brits are our allies in the war on terror, even being so kind as to fabricating false evidence so we could go bomb Saddam.

You're lucky -- the list of allies in Iraq is impressively short.
Old Mar 14th 2006, 4:29 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Just wait till St Georges Day...they wont be able to see my house for St George Crosses. Infact I'm going to paint a ferking big St George Cross on my front lawn.
Somehow I'm guessing there will be covenants barring that also.
Were these HOA rules not made available to you prior to closing, or are they new covenants just voted on?
Old Mar 14th 2006, 4:41 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by ironporer
Somehow I'm guessing there will be covenants barring that also.
Were these HOA rules not made available to you prior to closing, or are they new covenants just voted on?
A mix of old and new apparently.
Old Mar 14th 2006, 4:43 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Although HOAs can be a real pain ...they do serve a good purpose overall
and now Herr Barney and I have an understanding things are much improved...
Old Mar 14th 2006, 4:44 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

She must live on your block

http://www.tampatrib.com/MGBY9HYLKKE.html
Old Mar 14th 2006, 4:45 pm
Lapine Member

Tie them in knots by having them issue a list of offensive (not allowed) flags.

Say you need to know which ones are okay and which ones are not or else you cannot follow the restriction.

If they are stupid enough to give an offensive list, sit back and smile as the former residents and descendants of ancestors who were from that country start burning the HOA flag.
Old Mar 14th 2006, 4:45 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Although HOAs can be a real pain ...they do serve a good purpose overall
and now Herr Barney and I have an understanding things are much improved...
You showed him your armory did you?
Old Mar 14th 2006, 4:46 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Out of interest, as long as you're not flying the American flag as well, it's bollocks.

http://www.usa-flag-site.org/etiquette-display.shtml
Old Mar 14th 2006, 4:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

mickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritGuyTN
Where in Nashville are you?

I will be able to give you an indication
in a fairly new sub division over near stewart ferry/bell road /percy preist

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.