Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

The Joy of HOA

The Joy of HOA

Old Mar 14th 2006, 3:04 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold
Default The Joy of HOA

Bastards.

I have a 30ft flagpole in back yard courtesy of the previous owners. Normally I fly a Stars and Stripes and Union Flag from it. All is well. Last night we had a gathering of English friends at our house so, for the evening, we flew the Union Flag and a St Georges Cross.

This morning I have a had a merry half hour with the local nazis - sorry HOA - on my doorstep demanding I dont do that again....if I insist on flying another nation's flag (they tell) me I must have the Stars and Stripes above it and under NO circumstances can I fly one without it. "Oh Im sorry" says I, "We had some friends round. I'll go fix it right away".

Off I trot and switch the flags back and come back to them nazis, who turn round and say "We dont care if you have friends from Swizterland round you cant fly their flag without the Stars and Stripes"....Switzerland? Er its a St Georges Cro.....never mind.

Bastards.
Old Mar 14th 2006, 3:06 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Joy of HOA

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
Bastards.

I have a 30ft flagpole in back yard courtesy of the previous owners. Normally I fly a Stars and Stripes and Union Flag from it. All is well. Last night we had a gathering of English friends at our house so, for the evening, we flew the Union Flag and a St Georges Cross.

This morning I have a had a merry half hour with the local nazis - sorry HOA - on my doorstep demanding I dont do that again....if I insist on flying another nation's flag (they tell) me I must have the Stars and Stripes above it and under NO circumstances can I fly one without it. "Oh Im sorry" says I, "We had some friends round. I'll go fix it right away".

Off I trot and switch the flags back and come back to them nazis, who turn round and say "We dont care if you have friends from Swizterland round you cant fly their flag without the Stars and Stripes"....Switzerland? Er its a St Georges Cro.....never mind.

Bastards.
HOA ???
Old Mar 14th 2006, 3:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

**** em! I'm so sick of HOA's. Roll on march 31st when I no longer have to deal with them.

Is there seriously something in the HOA paper work that forbids another flag?
Old Mar 14th 2006, 3:07 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
HOA ???
Home owners association. AKA local nazis.
Old Mar 14th 2006, 3:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Celsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
HOA ???
You've yet to discover the joys of home ownership I take it?
Old Mar 14th 2006, 3:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Celsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond repute

Bastards.

Bastards.
For the correct manner about how to display/raise/lower, etc. the Stars and Stripes, read this:

http://www.senate.gov/reference/reso...df/RL30243.pdf
Old Mar 14th 2006, 3:11 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Celsius
You've yet to discover the joys of home ownership I take it?
Indeedy - the OH takes care of all of that

Anyway, back to the matter in hand - I suggest that you play about with the f**kers.
Ask them where it states in their rules that the Stars and Stripes has to be flown with any other flag - if it doesn't them hoist a jolly rodger and tell them to go f**k themselves.

If they continue to complain shoot them in the face.
Old Mar 14th 2006, 3:12 pm
Northern Monkey!

jibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond repute

What is soooo offensive about flying another nations flag, your home nation, on your own property? i would love to see someone start a HOA in blighty, not get too far me thinks! Busybodies with nothing better to do. Sad bastards
Old Mar 14th 2006, 3:14 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Pimpbot
**** em! I'm so sick of HOA's. Roll on march 31st when I no longer have to deal with them.

Is there seriously something in the HOA paper work that forbids another flag?
Yup! They even showed me the covenants (they insisted even though I changed the flags) and there it is Section 1.13.12...
Attached Thumbnails The Joy of HOA-hoa_flag.gif  
Old Mar 14th 2006, 3:18 pm
I approved this message

Hiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond repute

I'd hazard a guess that you live in Florida. I'm probably telling you what you already know but Florida HOAs are notriously peopled entirely by bitter, bored and lonely old people who need a better hobby. This is such a cliche that was satirized repeatedly in Seinfeld ("Del Boca Vista Phase II").
Old Mar 14th 2006, 3:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute

Fly a nice spring flag instead - mmm - lovely!!

What kind of no-life wankers go around auditing the flags? Just tell them that it isnt a national flag - they wont know any different.

Personally i would leave it and see what they do, i might try out our HOA and see how on their toes they are!
Old Mar 14th 2006, 3:19 pm
Thinking about it

Yup! They even showed me the covenants (they insisted even though I changed the flags) and there it is Section 1.13.12...
What a bunch of sad f**kers.
We had problems last year when, with the temps in the 90's we had to get approval for a new a/c until to be fitted which was smaller than the old one

I don't seem to have a similar problem with my Union Jack mind you
Old Mar 14th 2006, 3:21 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Hiro11
I'd hazard a guess that you live in Florida. I'm probably telling you what you already know but Florida HOAs are notriously peopled entirely by bitter, bored and lonely old people who need a better hobby. This is such a cliche that was satirized repeatedly in Seinfeld ("Del Boca Vista Phase II").
That is such an accurate statement.
Old Mar 14th 2006, 3:21 pm
Thinking about it

Originally Posted by Big D
Fly a nice spring flag instead - mmm - lovely!!

What kind of no-life wankers go around auditing the flags? Just tell them that it isnt a national flag - they wont know any different.
I was thinking that myself about telling them it was just a nice design, not a national flag.

How about hoisting a rainbow flag - see how they like them apples
Old Mar 14th 2006, 3:22 pm
Thinking about it

That is such an accurate statement.
What ages were the people involved ???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.