Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

The Joy of HOA

The Joy of HOA

Old Mar 14th 2006, 3:22 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: The Joy of HOA

Originally Posted by Big D
Fly a nice spring flag instead - mmm - lovely!!

What kind of no-life wankers go around auditing the flags? Just tell them that it isnt a national flag - they wont know any different.

Personally i would leave it and see what they do, i might try out our HOA and see how on their toes they are!
Just wait till St Georges Day...they wont be able to see my house for St George Crosses. Infact I'm going to paint a ferking big St George Cross on my front lawn.
Old Mar 14th 2006, 3:23 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
What ages were the people involved ???
Shall we say, they were beyond their prime.
Old Mar 14th 2006, 3:24 pm
Northern Monkey!

jibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
Yup! They even showed me the covenants (they insisted even though I changed the flags) and there it is Section 1.13.12...
F**k me, do they come round if you fart too loud too? i am so glad we don't have a HOA on my estate (but must double check with the missus just in case (might have to piss em off intentionally just to see who comes round and wants a piece of me!!! )) you should just get a stars and bars thats about 6" square, and fly it abouve whatever you want! Anyway didn't you say the pole was in your backyard, as it says something about poles in front yards if i remember right ......
Old Mar 14th 2006, 3:26 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by jibsymalone
F**k me, do they come round if you fart too loud too? i am so glad we don't have a HOA on my estate (but must double check with the missus just in case (might have to piss em off intentionally just to see who comes round and wants a piece of me!!! )) you should just get a stars and bars thats about 6" square, and fly it abouve whatever you want! Anyway didn't you say the pole was in your backyard, as it says something about poles in front yards if i remember right ......
They do.

Correct about the pole. The previous owners had to fight a - wait for this - $10,000 dollar law suit against the HOA to keep the pole in the backyard!!!!

This is the (apparently non-offensive) version of my flag pole...
Attached Thumbnails The Joy of HOA-flags1.jpg  

Last edited by Angry White Pyjamas; Mar 14th 2006 at 3:30 pm.
Old Mar 14th 2006, 3:26 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

you should just get a stars and bars thats about 6" square, and fly it abouve whatever you want!
Ha ha - classic - this has to be done
Old Mar 14th 2006, 3:30 pm
Northern Monkey!

jibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond repute

Slightly OT i know, but are u on a well for your water AWP? if so do you have the stink water? do u use an aerator or what, need to hook something up, the smell is starting to get to me, managed to get a free aerator but need to know if they work before i shell out for a pump, bladder tank etc?
Old Mar 14th 2006, 3:30 pm
Account Closed

Slightly OT i know, but are u on a well for your water AWP? if so do you have the stink water? do u use an aerator or what, need to hook something up, the smell is starting to get to me, managed to get a free aerator but need to know if they work before i shell out for a pump, bladder tank etc?
No we're on city water here.
Old Mar 14th 2006, 3:32 pm
Forum Regular

paul_TX is a glorious beacon of lightpaul_TX is a glorious beacon of lightpaul_TX is a glorious beacon of lightpaul_TX is a glorious beacon of lightpaul_TX is a glorious beacon of lightpaul_TX is a glorious beacon of lightpaul_TX is a glorious beacon of lightpaul_TX is a glorious beacon of lightpaul_TX is a glorious beacon of lightpaul_TX is a glorious beacon of lightpaul_TX is a glorious beacon of light

If that's "slightly OT", I'd hate to see you go waaaaaay OT
Old Mar 14th 2006, 3:32 pm
Northern Monkey!

No we're on city water here.
K, cheers anyway, maybe you should fly a Nazi flag, make em feel at home an all! that should get a nice reaction!
Old Mar 14th 2006, 3:34 pm
Account Closed

K, cheers anyway, maybe you should fly a Nazi flag, make em feel at home an all! that should get a nice reaction!
HAHAHHA.. I should've tried that when we lived down in Boca...the place was 90% Jewish

Actually the other house we are currently building is on a well...I'll check in with the builders if I remember what they are doing regarding the stinkwater (if anything)
Old Mar 14th 2006, 3:35 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

This is the (apparently non-offensive) version of my flag pole...
Wow !! you are allowed fences ...
Old Mar 14th 2006, 3:36 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Ray
Wow !! you are allowed fences ...
Well Im not sure...the previous owners put that up. Its 10 foot tall and the only one around for miles. I think they did it to protect the flagpole from unfortunate accidents.
Old Mar 14th 2006, 3:49 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

There is a reason I don't live in an HOA community. They're ALL nazis.
Old Mar 14th 2006, 3:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

ladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond repute

I think you should mess with there heads why dont you creep out every hour and swap the flags around, that way just as they are gathering the troops to complain the flags will be back in their right full place. And how about getting a union jack that is bigger than the US flag and occasionally flying that out there and then swapping it back. If they knock on your door you can tell them they need to visit their optician.
Old Mar 14th 2006, 4:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

mickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond repute

Bastards.

I have a 30ft flagpole in back yard courtesy of the previous owners. Normally I fly a Stars and Stripes and Union Flag from it. All is well. Last night we had a gathering of English friends at our house so, for the evening, we flew the Union Flag and a St Georges Cross.

This morning I have a had a merry half hour with the local nazis - sorry HOA - on my doorstep demanding I dont do that again....if I insist on flying another nation's flag (they tell) me I must have the Stars and Stripes above it and under NO circumstances can I fly one without it. "Oh Im sorry" says I, "We had some friends round. I'll go fix it right away".

Off I trot and switch the flags back and come back to them nazis, who turn round and say "We dont care if you have friends from Swizterland round you cant fly their flag without the Stars and Stripes"....Switzerland? Er its a St Georges Cro.....never mind.

Bastards.

Thats crazy. Was planning on flying the st geroge's cross for the world cup, will have to see what happens here in TN

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.