Reload this Page >

Joint sponsor's tax return

Joint sponsor's tax return

Old Sep 7th 2013, 9:12 pm
Forum Regular

HelloHello78 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Joint sponsor's tax return

Hello All,

I'm sponsoring my husband for a CR-1, and we're doing DCF in London (just waiting to find out our interview appointment date).

We are using my father as a joint sponsor (actually he's more of a backup sponsor, just in case. I'll spare you the boring details!) . We have his 2011 and 2010 tax transcripts from the IRS, but he only just now filed his 2012 taxes so I will be bringing a xerox of his copy, not the IRS transcript. Would the first page and signature page suffice? Or do I need the entire thing? (His taxes are long and complicated and 80 pages long, and I'd feel bad asking him to scan the entire thing if it isn't necessary!)

Thank you!

Last edited by HelloHello78; Sep 7th 2013 at 9:18 pm.
Old Sep 7th 2013, 9:22 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Joint sponsor's tax return

Originally Posted by HelloHello78
I will be bringing a xerox of his copy, not the IRS transcript.
That'll be fine.

Would the first page and signature page suffice? Or do I need the entire thing? (His taxes are long and complicated and 80 pages long, and I'd feel bad asking him to scan the entire thing if it isn't necessary!)
You must have the entire return... all 80 pages. Sorry, but there's no option to not include the entire return.

Ian
Old Sep 7th 2013, 9:30 pm
Forum Regular

HelloHello78 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Joint sponsor's tax return

Okay. Thank you very much for the info.