Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Johnny Vegas- Diamond Geezer?

Johnny Vegas- Diamond Geezer?

Old Dec 30th 2003, 7:03 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Johnny Vegas- Diamond Geezer?

Whilst in the UK, I saw Johnny Vegas several times on TV. Seems like he's really accepted as a mainstream comedian these days.

He's really very funny, not bitchy and has a naive (sp?) quality about him. I saw him interviewed on the Beeb two nights running just before Christmas, in the UK. Why can't the US show him? Why isn't there an American comic like him?

He's not a slim guy and he was interviewed on both days wearing a "Phat Farm" (I think this is a US designer brand popular with black Americans) t-shirt (he obviously has a collection of these. He wore a different design each day).

NC Penguin
Old Dec 30th 2003, 7:42 pm
Through the square window

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Johnny Vegas- Diamond Geezer?

Originally posted by NC Penguin
Whilst in the UK, I saw Johnny Vegas several times on TV. Seems like he's really accepted as a mainstream comedian these days.

He's really very funny, not bitchy and has a naive (sp?) quality about him. I saw him interviewed on the Beeb two nights running just before Christmas, in the UK. Why can't the US show him? Why isn't there an American comic like him?

He's not a slim guy and he was interviewed on both days wearing a "Phat Farm" (I think this is a US designer brand popular with black Americans) t-shirt (he obviously has a collection of these. He wore a different design each day).

NC Penguin
He's from St Helens so he'd be a woolyback and not a diamond geezer.
He's a good laugh is our Johnny. Made a living out of being an English version of Barney Gumble.
Appears on every bloody advert and TV show you can name of late.
(Actually went mainstream thanks to the oN/ITV Digital adverts with that ******* monkey.)
To use a cliché - he keeps it real. He just plays himself - a fat northern layabout !
Top bloke - wish I could do that !

Shudder to think what American's would make of him. :scared:
Old Dec 30th 2003, 7:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

He doesnt really float my comedy boat.

Phat Farm was started by Russell Simmons who was a founding member of Def Jam records and brother of "Run" of RUNDMC fame.

Last edited by Pimpbot; Dec 30th 2003 at 7:52 pm.
Old Dec 30th 2003, 8:23 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Johnny Vegas- Diamond Geezer?

Originally posted by Webbie
He's from St Helens so he'd be a woolyback and not a diamond geezer.
He's a good laugh is our Johnny. Made a living out of being an English version of Barney Gumble.
Appears on every bloody advert and TV show you can name of late.
(Actually went mainstream thanks to the oN/ITV Digital adverts with that ******* monkey.)
To use a cliché - he keeps it real. He just plays himself - a fat northern layabout !
Top bloke - wish I could do that !

Shudder to think what American's would make of him. :scared:
He appeared on one of the TV shows with a pint of Guinness in his hand. Now you wouldn't see that on US TV!

NC Penguin
Old Dec 30th 2003, 9:11 pm
Just Joined

jesl is an unknown quantity at this point

hi NC penguin... this is not so much a reply to your post as an intro from another sort of ex-NC ex-penguin... and Im curious ... since I only joined this group today...thought Id find out what lay behind your interesting moniker....this is my first posting here and Im probably violating every rule in the codebook...

NC is where I was in college for a while, worked, and lived and raised a family for 20+ years...
rambled among Antartic wildlife for the summer season 66-67, thus the penguin reference....

looking forward to your response.... JESL
Old Dec 31st 2003, 2:06 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

Originally posted by jesl
hi NC penguin... this is not so much a reply to your post as an intro from another sort of ex-NC ex-penguin... and Im curious ... since I only joined this group today...thought Id find out what lay behind your interesting moniker....this is my first posting here and Im probably violating every rule in the codebook...

NC is where I was in college for a while, worked, and lived and raised a family for 20+ years...
rambled among Antartic wildlife for the summer season 66-67, thus the penguin reference....

looking forward to your response.... JESL
Hello JESL,

NC is where I live now (born and raised in London). I added Penguin 'cos I like them and collect all things penguin related. Got a number of Xmas pressies with a penguin theme too! Never met any penguins in their natural habitat yet. Would very much like to visit NZ, the Falkland Islands or Patagonia but it'll take time and money.

There's another BritishExpats member who's crazy about penguins but you'd never know from her username.

NC Penguin