Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

John Mason or Dorree Bonner shipping?

John Mason or Dorree Bonner shipping?

Old Dec 29th 2012, 10:05 pm
Just Joined

emmajanemac is just really niceemmajanemac is just really niceemmajanemac is just really niceemmajanemac is just really niceemmajanemac is just really niceemmajanemac is just really niceemmajanemac is just really niceemmajanemac is just really nice
Default John Mason or Dorree Bonner shipping?

Has any used either John Mason or Dorree Bonner shpping companies?

Im trying to decide between the too for our move from England to California so if anyone can share their experiences that would be great!
Old Dec 29th 2012, 10:11 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: John Mason or Dorree Bonner shipping?

Originally Posted by emmajanemac
Im trying to decide between the too for our move from England to California so if anyone can share their experiences that would be great!
Research which US company they use once your goods are in the US... that'll be just as important since they'll sub-contract that part of the journey.

Ian
Old Dec 30th 2012, 4:29 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

There have been a few threads on shipping, quite a few talking about those companies.

But as Ian said, makes no difference if the US end is subbed out to different folks.

Just ask who'll be responsible for the US end, then search those folks out against the scam moving website.
Old Dec 30th 2012, 6:05 pm
Forum Regular

LizBeth is just really niceLizBeth is just really niceLizBeth is just really niceLizBeth is just really niceLizBeth is just really niceLizBeth is just really niceLizBeth is just really niceLizBeth is just really niceLizBeth is just really niceLizBeth is just really niceLizBeth is just really nice

We used Doree Bonner to go to Colorado via LA. They were fine, and kept us informed; the shipping company they contracted in California - Nedrac - could have improved communications (regular email prompts from me for updates), but overall the service was reliable.
Old Dec 30th 2012, 6:23 pm
Just Joined

emmajanemac is just really niceemmajanemac is just really niceemmajanemac is just really niceemmajanemac is just really niceemmajanemac is just really niceemmajanemac is just really niceemmajanemac is just really niceemmajanemac is just really nice

Thanks Ian, Bob and Liz, i'll ask the both who they use US end and go from there, thanks!
Old Jan 21st 2013, 5:43 pm
Just Joined

alovelovey is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Did you end up going with Doree Bonner? I am looking into shipping from London to L.A. Any advice would be a great help.
Old Jan 21st 2013, 9:57 pm
Just Joined

Hi yes i went with DB...they've been great so far! Fingers crossed. They're packing w/c 4th Feb so i will let you know what they're like if you wish?
I had six quotes from well known companies and i liked DB's approach and professional. I've done a lot of research on the company they use in LA too and its seems to be ok. Its really difficult and you are taking a risk but we are happy with our decision so far. Where in LA are you moving to? My husband flew out today and starts his new job tomorrow, I fly out on 19th Feb.
Old Jan 22nd 2013, 8:00 am
Just Joined

alovelovey is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for that. Its a bit of a minefield isn't it as all the companies have both positive and negative reviews depending on who you speak to. I think I'll go with them too.

My wife and I head out on march 3rd but we're not sure where we'll be moving to.Thinking of doing a months temporary residence somewhere and then looking at different areas like Studio City, Glendale, echo park etc (over the valley). Are you moving permanently or just seeing how it goes?

Andy