British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   jobs with gas and boilers (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/jobs-gas-boilers-850524/)

ceridanielle Jan 11th 2015 9:24 pm

jobs with gas and boilers

Hi,
My partner is a UK gas safe registered gas engineer specialing in Lpg and petroleum and oil. Can anyone tell me the American equivalent of this job. In the uk there is more work for mains gas which my partner is no registered to work on

Any help and information we would be very greatful for

Ceri like l

Hotscot Jan 11th 2015 9:31 pm

Re: jobs with gas and boilers

Hello Ceri

I see you are posting the same question in the Canadian forum.

Are you asking because you and your partner want to move to the US or Canada?

This link may help

http://www.npga.org/i4a/pages/index.cfm?pageid=1696

ceridanielle Jan 11th 2015 9:37 pm

We want to emigrate from the uk and we want to see where the better job prospects take us with my partners work, other than caravan and lodge holiday parks there is not much out there for his line of work with the majority of the uk on mains natural gas. Im a nail technician so I don't think my qualifications will be too different from over the pond.

Owen778 Jan 11th 2015 9:41 pm

What visa are you hoping to use to move?

ceridanielle Jan 11th 2015 9:44 pm

If I am completely honest I don't not no, we are trying to gather as much information as possible and the first bit we thought was to see what type of work my other half can get, if you have any other info or can point me in the right direction to ask about visas ect I would be very greatful

christmasoompa Jan 11th 2015 9:47 pm

Originally Posted by ceridanielle (Post 11529903)
Im a nail technician so I don't think my qualifications will be too different from over the pond.

No idea on the U.S., but for Canada I believe it's a regulated trade so you'll need to get certified to work there.

Your bf definitely works in a regulated trade in Canada, he'll need to get certified by the province he wishes to work in - proving hrs of experience and challenging the exam iirc, but search the Canada forums for more info.

HTH.

ceridanielle Jan 11th 2015 9:48 pm

Thank you very much x

christmasoompa Jan 11th 2015 9:49 pm

Originally Posted by ceridanielle (Post 11529912)
If I am completely honest I don't not no, we are trying to gather as much information as possible and the first bit we thought was to see what type of work my other half can get, if you have any other info or can point me in the right direction to ask about visas ect I would be very greatful

Your jobs won't get you visas, so if you don't have another way to get one then it's probably a non-starter for the U.S. Have a look here at the available visa options and let us know if any of them might fit? Pulaski's Ways: How to Live and Work in the USA : British Expat Wiki

Good luck.

Hotscot Jan 11th 2015 9:55 pm

This may be of some interest however I don't know if any of the interested employers can obtain visas.

North Dakota Oil Job Listings Employment Opportunities in the Oil and Gas Industry in ND

Bob Jan 11th 2015 10:03 pm

Originally Posted by christmasoompa (Post 11529916)
No idea on the U.S., but for Canada I believe it's a regulated trade so you'll need to get certified to work there.

Your bf definitely works in a regulated trade in Canada, he'll need to get certified by the province he wishes to work in - proving hrs of experience and challenging the exam iirc, but search the Canada forums for more info.

HTH.

Same in the US, though it'll depend on the state.