British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   jobs in america (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/jobs-america-333557/)

unibumuk Oct 25th 2005 5:40 pm

jobs in america

me and my friend are 23/24 and would like to move to america preferably florida, get a job and live out there. he is a qualified painter/decorator and i have a degree in sport and exercise science with business studies. we know we need a visa etc and would like to move early in the new year. please could anyone inform us of how to look for jobs in the orlando area, how to go about getting visas, accommodation in the orlando area and any other useful information.
thanks for your impending replies.

rob.

Manc Oct 25th 2005 5:42 pm

Re: jobs in america

Originally Posted by unibumuk

rob.

You won't be thanking us after you've read them.

Yosser Oct 25th 2005 5:44 pm

"Here we go again!".....springs to mind.

CarlM Oct 25th 2005 5:47 pm

me and my friend are 23/24 and would like to move to america preferably florida, get a job and live out there. he is a qualified painter/decorator and i have a degree in sport and exercise science with business studies. we know we need a visa etc and would like to move early in the new year. please could anyone inform us of how to look for jobs in the orlando area, how to go about getting visas, accommodation in the orlando area and any other useful information.

rob.

Oh Christ.. here we go: Try Australia or Canada.. Much easier..

How does one become a qualified painter and decorator by the way?

NJ_Dave Oct 25th 2005 5:47 pm

Is this a wind-up?

britvic Oct 25th 2005 5:52 pm

I think someones aving a largh :D if not then, poor girl for asking.

Chorlton Oct 25th 2005 6:05 pm

rob.

Rob - look here and figure out how you will be able to apply for one of them:
http://uscis.gov/graphics/faqsgen.htm#visa

Bob Oct 25th 2005 6:14 pm

This is a wind up right?

Doesn't anyone f'ing bother look at the thing called FAQ on anything important these days?

Celsius Oct 25th 2005 6:51 pm

Originally Posted by Bob
This is a wind up right?

Doesn't anyone f'ing bother look at the thing called FAQ on anything important these days?

The username includes the word "bum" which pretty much sums up this member's ability to use this messageboard...

Ash UK/US Oct 25th 2005 8:14 pm

rob.

Must be you've been to disney world lately!

Ray Oct 25th 2005 9:11 pm

Mr Nice guy here will help you ..go read this...then come back and tell us where you would fit in ...

http://britishexpats.com/articles/000089.html

Bob Oct 25th 2005 9:17 pm

Originally Posted by Ray
Mr Nice guy here will help you ..go read this...then come back and tell us where you would fit in ...

http://britishexpats.com/articles/000089.html

well the faq was pointed out, which has all these gems nicely linked...not that it's done any good *l*

gruffbrown Oct 25th 2005 9:21 pm

[snigger]

dunroving Oct 25th 2005 10:01 pm

rob.

I strongly recommend you just jump on a plane and come. Loads of jobs, especially in Florida, you'll find one within a day or two. Everyone is good-looking, the streets are paved with gold, and the immigration officers at Orlando airport give a Green Card to every 20th customer.

aznewsh Oct 26th 2005 3:15 am

rob.

I came by marrying an American, other most common way is by being sponsered by an employer, which looking at your qualifications isn't too likely either - guess you better hit the US chat rooms. :D