Jobs

Old Nov 29th 2012, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

MarkCowan is just really niceMarkCowan is just really niceMarkCowan is just really niceMarkCowan is just really niceMarkCowan is just really niceMarkCowan is just really niceMarkCowan is just really niceMarkCowan is just really nice
Default Re: Jobs

Healthcare is a minefield, you pay a premium and still have an excess to pay. You dont pay insurance and you are left with a hefty bill......but wait - obamacare has you covered.
Legal = Check.
Illegal = Check
Everyone can get medical insurance. the moment you set foot on American soil - you gamble, or you dont - more than 50% of people who live in America gambles on healthcare and does not have it - just ask Obama.
Do not let healthcare be a reason for not coming to the USA, thats one of the weekest statements I have ever heard of not coming here if you dont have it.
Old Nov 30th 2012, 8:43 am
Forum Regular

into_thewild is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't plan to let it stop me MarkCowan. Coming over to the US is a gamble so this will just be part of it. I already have family members over here btw
caleyjag - it kills me sometimes! Had arranged a trip up to Inverness for the Elgin game and got accommodation for a night out etc. They then sold too many tickets so the bloody game was cancelled! Gutted!
Old Nov 30th 2012, 4:27 pm
Forum Regular

MarkCowan is just really niceMarkCowan is just really niceMarkCowan is just really niceMarkCowan is just really niceMarkCowan is just really niceMarkCowan is just really niceMarkCowan is just really niceMarkCowan is just really nice

Originally Posted by into_thewild
I don't plan to let it stop me MarkCowan. Coming over to the US is a gamble so this will just be part of it. I already have family members over here btw
caleyjag - it kills me sometimes! Had arranged a trip up to Inverness for the Elgin game and got accommodation for a night out etc. They then sold too many tickets so the bloody game was cancelled! Gutted!
I was not pointing at you, It was someone elses comment who said they would neve dream of coming here if they never had Insurance.
I am a fellow Ger and we have a Rangers supporters club in Torrance, CA.
Old Dec 2nd 2012, 7:40 am
Forum Regular

into_thewild is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice one mark. I hope I can find one wherever I end up
Old Dec 2nd 2012, 10:47 am
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MarkCowan
I was not pointing at you, It was someone elses comment who said they would neve dream of coming here if they never had Insurance.
I am a fellow Ger and we have a Rangers supporters club in Torrance, CA.
Just want to say that I wouldn't dream of living in the US either, without healthcare.
My son dropped a trailer on his foot (idiot ) and had to go to hospital to get it x rayed etc. even with healthcare we ended up paying several hundred $$$ in copay. Just a minor accident......get yourself in a major car accident, even if it isn't your fault, and you'll be bankrupt.
But if that's the risk you like to take, good luck!
Old Dec 2nd 2012, 11:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

kins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond repute

I worked as a sub-editor in the US and didn't find the style all that difficult. A little different but you can pick it up very fast.

I found work in the Seattle area pretty easily working on websites rather than mags/papers which was what I'd done in the UK. Maybe worth a look?