Jobs

Old Jun 23rd 2004, 8:51 am
BE Enthusiast

ducatiandy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Jobs

There is an advert in the main Glasgow paper for people to move to Califonia and all over the US as they are in dier need of construction professionals e.g. Quantity Surveyors as this is one profession not taught in US for some reason. As a QS myself who has previously been offered work in US, on a temp basis this is probably a very good route for anyone wishing entry, do a QS degree for 3-4years and there you go bobs your uncle and fannies your auntie your in!

EASY! I think not.
Old Jun 23rd 2004, 1:44 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jobs

Originally posted by ducatiandy
There is an advert in the main Glasgow paper for people to move to Califonia and all over the US as they are in dier need of construction professionals e.g. Quantity Surveyors as this is one profession not taught in US for some reason. As a QS myself who has previously been offered work in US, on a temp basis this is probably a very good route for anyone wishing entry, do a QS degree for 3-4years and there you go bobs your uncle and fannies your auntie your in!

EASY! I think not.
Just curious- what is a "Quantity Surveyor", or what do they do? I have never heard of that proffesion here.
Old Jun 23rd 2004, 1:50 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

A QS is a person whom counts materials in a proposed project.

It is very boring.

The USA doesn't have QS's for reasons unknown to the British, however, looking at the Empire State Building, Sears Tower et al, I think you've done ok so far without them.
Old Jun 23rd 2004, 1:59 pm
Blindside Fumbler

Tone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of light

I'm a QS and it got me here on a H1-B and work on projects across the US. Boring it ain't, frustrating it is, ******* useless architects here, the standard of drawings has to be seen to be believed.
Old Jun 23rd 2004, 2:23 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Tone
I'm a QS and it got me here on a H1-B and work on projects across the US. Boring it ain't, frustrating it is, ******* useless architects here, the standard of drawings has to be seen to be believed.
Not one of yours Tone??.. Could not even build it before it collapsed
Attached Images
File Type: bmp
untitled.bmp (310.3 KB, 76 views)
Old Jun 23rd 2004, 2:29 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

The architects at Paris Airport also need to take note an' all.
Old Jun 23rd 2004, 2:36 pm
Blindside Fumbler

Tone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by ray6
Not one of yours Tone??.. Could not even build it before it collapsed
No it's not, but I actually know one of the project engineers, he's from Ireland
Old Jun 23rd 2004, 2:40 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

No it's not, but I actually know one of the project engineers, he's from Ireland
Say no more!! nudge nudge ..nod and a wink..
Old Jun 23rd 2004, 2:48 pm
Blindside Fumbler

This was in Mondays St Pete Times, unfarking believable

http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/sptimes/...ts+school+hard

"To examine the buildings' walls, the district again hired Central Testing. In the media center, the company found that 88 percent of the required reinforcing steel or grout was missing. Most of the supporting beams over windows and doors lacked grout. In several places, the roof frame could be moved by hand."

"Then Central Testing released its report on the cafeteria. At least half the reinforcement was inadequate. Two of every three steel beams were bolted into hollow or nearly hollow blocks not strong enough to hold them. The roof was missing welds."

And this is a school

:scared: :scared: :scared:
Old Jun 23rd 2004, 2:53 pm
Ray

This was in Mondays St Pete Times, unfarking believable
"Then Central Testing released its report on the cafeteria. At least half the reinforcement was inadequate. Two of every three steel beams were bolted into hollow or nearly hollow blocks not strong enough to hold them. The roof was missing welds."
And this is a school
I know ! I saw the pictures..Quite incredible !
Old Jun 23rd 2004, 2:57 pm
Blindside Fumbler

And thats without mentioning the new Causeway Bridge, being built by the same muppets thats are doing the Crosstown Express, and all its associated problems.
Old Jun 23rd 2004, 3:06 pm
Ray

And thats without mentioning the new Causeway Bridge, being built by the same muppets thats are doing the Crosstown Express, and all its associated problems.
And they still keep getting contracts...thank god there is no kickbacks in local goverment nowadays...we are assured
Old Jun 23rd 2004, 3:16 pm
Blindside Fumbler

I'd love to see the penalty clauses in those contracts, I wonder if they are public record
Old Jun 23rd 2004, 3:21 pm
Ray

I'd love to see the penalty clauses in those contracts, I wonder if they are public record
They sure are.. but with that bad office fire that destroyed them ..Oh no!!! thats not until next week
Old Jun 23rd 2004, 3:29 pm
Blindside Fumbler

That's a coffee and keyboard moment

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.