Job title

Old Mar 10th 2009, 5:10 pm
Just Joined

dannym is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Job title

Hi there ,

Was wondering if anyone could tell me what America would call a panel beater , I;m a panel beater in Glasgow and looking to get out of here lol , also been looking for a occupations in demand list like australia but cant seem to find any is there one ?
Old Mar 10th 2009, 5:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Job title

That would be called an auto body repairman in the US.

Your chances of getting a US visa based on that skill alone are zero, I'm afraid.
Old Mar 10th 2009, 5:21 pm
Just Joined

dannym is an unknown quantity at this point

whys that ?
Old Mar 10th 2009, 5:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dannym
whys that ?
US immigration procedures are completely different from those of Canada or Australia. If you're keen to relocate to the USA, start reading here and figure out which of those categories you fit into.
Old Mar 10th 2009, 5:36 pm
Queen of my house

tamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond repute

whys that ?
dime a dozen
Old Mar 10th 2009, 6:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

whys that ?
Because you have to have a skill that is in high demand. Sorry to say that body shop mechanics do not fit that category (afaik) because we have plenty that are here already. Follow the link posted. If you cannot fit into any of those visa categories, you will need to seriously consider elsewhere.
Old Mar 10th 2009, 6:17 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

unless it's fixing something like a ferrari, there's sod all chances....no skills visa for the US and body shops are dime a dozen.

There's a wiki that lists the ways in to the US, so read that, then focus on another country, perhaps Canada, they have a points system at least.
Old Mar 10th 2009, 6:39 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
There's a wiki that lists the ways in to the US, so read that, then focus on another country, perhaps Canada, they have a points system at least.
Just to point out that Canada is now much harder to get into - since last Oct when an extra criteria was introduced to the Skilled Worker visa. Now it's no longer enough to just have a minimum amount of points, you also need to be in either a job on a list of 38 occupations (panel beaters not on the list I'm afraid), or to have a permanent job offer approved by HRSDC, for which the potential employer has to prove it wouldn't be taking the job away from a Canadian.

So Canada is generally harder than Oz for most people to get into now as well - although still nowhere near as hard as the US obviously!!

Old Mar 10th 2009, 7:26 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Just to point out that Canada is now much harder to get into - since last Oct when an extra criteria was introduced to the Skilled Worker visa. Now it's no longer enough to just have a minimum amount of points, you also need to be in either a job on a list of 38 occupations (panel beaters not on the list I'm afraid), or to have a permanent job offer approved by HRSDC, for which the potential employer has to prove it wouldn't be taking the job away from a Canadian.

So Canada is generally harder than Oz for most people to get into now as well - although still nowhere near as hard as the US obviously!!

That's good to know...well I guess, South Africa and Oz are just the real easy none EU countries left
Old Mar 10th 2009, 7:57 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Was wondering if anyone could tell me what America would call a panel beater ,
I confess, the first guy I met who told me that was his job.. well, he almost got a drink in the face. Plus he was Irish and I could barely make out the words anyway.. it was truly one of those 'separated by a common language' moments....

"You beat WHAT?"
Old Mar 10th 2009, 8:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
That's good to know...well I guess, South Africa...
Unless you like sleeping with a gun under your pillow every night.
Old Mar 11th 2009, 6:02 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by sunflwrgrl13
Unless you like sleeping with a gun under your pillow every night.
It's not that bad out there...some yes, but that's the same with any country.
Old Mar 11th 2009, 6:08 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there ,

Was wondering if anyone could tell me what America would call a panel beater , I;m a panel beater in Glasgow and looking to get out of here lol , also been looking for a occupations in demand list like australia but cant seem to find any is there one ?
Become a gigolo catering to the American female audience.
Old Mar 11th 2009, 6:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Bob
It's not that bad out there...some yes, but that's the same with any country.
I don't know. I did not feel safe at all when I stayed w/my SIL in a town outside Jo'burg. She's known too many people that have basically been murdered. Her house feels like a compound with the high walls, electric fencing, laser beams across the front yard and motion detectors throughout the house (not to mention burgler bars on windows). Does not make me feel any safer. The weather is great, but the compromise on safety is not worth it.

But I digress from the topic at hand...
Old Mar 11th 2009, 7:04 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by sunflwrgrl13
I don't know. I did not feel safe at all when I stayed w/my SIL in a town outside Jo'burg. She's known too many people that have basically been murdered. Her house feels like a compound with the high walls, electric fencing, laser beams across the front yard and motion detectors throughout the house (not to mention burgler bars on windows). Does not make me feel any safer. The weather is great, but the compromise on safety is not worth it.

But I digress from the topic at hand...
I don't know, I've a few mates live there, in J'burg and they don't have any problems and like it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.