Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

job offer from the US

job offer from the US

Old Jul 8th 2004, 12:57 pm
Just Joined

DTPGuy71 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default job offer from the US

My wife just received a job offer from the US that she considers accepting. What are the next steps - I understand that the employer will take care of the paperwork but do we have any options, ie. shall we try for a green card (if it's possible) or for a work visa. What are the timelines. The job in in Virginia.

cheers
Old Jul 8th 2004, 1:00 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: job offer from the US

Originally posted by DTPGuy71
My wife just received a job offer from the US that she considers accepting. What are the next steps - I understand that the employer will take care of the paperwork but do we have any options, ie. shall we try for a green card (if it's possible) or for a work visa. What are the timelines. The job in in Virginia.

cheers
You don't mention your nationalities. It makes a difference. If one of you is American, your options are greater.

You really should read the US Visas forum. This is more appropriate for you/your wife.

Please look at the US government's immigration website for further information. You'll learn a lot about employment based visas and the related visas for spouses.
Old Jul 8th 2004, 1:04 pm
Just Joined

DTPGuy71 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default my apologies

of course, that is a wrong forum - my apologies to everyone.