British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Job interviews (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/job-interviews-733226/)

ljaw2002uk Sep 22nd 2011 3:32 am

Job interviews

Well it's been one day since I received my EAD, and I already have three interviews lined up - the first two are tomorrow! :eek:

Wish me luck!

Orangepants Sep 22nd 2011 3:34 am

Re: Job interviews

Good for you! Best of Luck:thumbup:

lisa67 Sep 22nd 2011 10:51 am

Originally Posted by ljaw2002uk (Post 9635520)
Well it's been one day since I received my EAD, and I already have three interviews lined up - the first two are tomorrow! :eek:

Wish me luck!

:fingerscrossed: :)

tonrob Sep 22nd 2011 11:12 am

Good luck chap! :fingerscrossed:

bivlover Sep 22nd 2011 2:10 pm

I'm not sure what you;re doing that I'm not, but wll done on getting th interviews and I hope the right job for you is just round the corner! :)

CAdreaming Sep 22nd 2011 2:22 pm

:fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed:

Mummy in the foothills Sep 22nd 2011 2:53 pm

:fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed:

ljaw2002uk Sep 22nd 2011 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by bivlover (Post 9636253)
I'm not sure what you;re doing that I'm not, but wll done on getting th interviews and I hope the right job for you is just round the corner! :)

As soon as I had the email from USCIS to say my EAD was approved, I Googled every employment agency in the state and spent a day emailing them my resume. Then I Googled every company in my old field and emailed them my resume. Two days later the calls and emails started.

Good luck with your jobhunting!

Thanks for the positive posts everyone! :thumbsup:

sir_eccles Sep 22nd 2011 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by ljaw2002uk (Post 9636375)
As soon as I had the email from USCIS to say my EAD was approved, I Googled every employment agency in the state and spent a day emailing them my resume. Then I Googled every company in my old field and emailed them my resume. Two days later the calls and emails started.

Good luck with your jobhunting!

Thanks for the positive posts everyone! :thumbsup:

No, we're not jealous or anything. I'm guessing a specialized field? Would you mind sharing?

ljaw2002uk Sep 22nd 2011 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by sir_eccles (Post 9636486)
No, we're not jealous or anything. I'm guessing a specialized field? Would you mind sharing?

Honestly it's not that specialized, back in the UK I was an office supervisor/manager for a forklift truck manufacturer. I think my resume is pretty slick though! I went to the library and checked out some books on resumes and cover letters and really put some time in. That might explain it... or maybe the job market in MN isn't as depressed as the rest of the US?

But this is all by the by! I haven't got a job yet, so I won't be counting my chickens quite yet.

Good luck to everyone who is looking for work! :fingerscrossed:

Wibblypig Sep 23rd 2011 6:11 pm

Good luck :):fingerscrossed:

Roys Sep 25th 2011 2:19 pm

good lucky man, I was hoping to do the same sort of thing when the time comes I should be ok been a chef for years and worked in retail so :fingerscrossed:

ljaw2002uk Oct 5th 2011 3:00 pm

I am now employed! :thumbsup:

rpjs Oct 5th 2011 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by ljaw2002uk (Post 9659088)

Congratulations!

ian-mstm Oct 5th 2011 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by ljaw2002uk (Post 9659088)

Excellent! Well done. :)

Ian