Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Jimmy Saville???

Jimmy Saville???

Old Oct 19th 2004, 8:37 pm
Forum Regular

Big Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of light
Default Jimmy Saville???

What's the gossip about Jimmy Saville?? I must have missed it??

He was always lurking about pretending to jog in Roundhay Park, Leeds, not far from where I used to live.

My wife once told him off for lighting one of his revolting cigars in the park cafe next to where our kids were sitting....
Old Oct 19th 2004, 9:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud of
Default Re: Jimmy Saville???

Don't know the gossip, did try and do a quick web search as I saw it mentioned on another board on here today.

Used to live in Leeds and there was one particular restaurant you would always bump into him (and some dolly bird) in...I think it was 'The Flying Pizza' in Roundhay (I might be wrong this is 7+ years ago now).

I think he used to get a free meal if he wished birthday diners 'happy birthday' and threw in a free cigar! We took our boss there for his 50th - he spent the entire meal on tenterhooks worried that he'd have to undergo Sir Jimmy's patter...fortunately for him the threat of salary freezes and stopping our Christmas bonus put us off!

Lottie
Old Oct 20th 2004, 4:12 pm
Wurzel turned redneck

nxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Big Vern
Not sure which gossip you're referring to, but I did read an alleged transcript of the scenes which were cut from the episode of Have I Got News For You that he was on, which referred to one Sarah Cornley, one of the kids Jim fixed it for, who was allegedly awarded damages by a court, and threatened with broken limbs by Saville if she talked. The transcript could have been a hoax, but if so, it was an extremely convincing one - the writer knew little details like the name of the warm-up man and captured the voices of Messrs. Hislop, Deayton and Merton perfectly.
Old Oct 20th 2004, 5:04 pm
Forum Regular

cupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nice

Originally Posted by Big Vern

He was always lurking about pretending to jog in Roundhay Park, Leeds, not far from where I used to live.

My wife once told him off for lighting one of his revolting cigars in the park cafe next to where our kids were sitting....
Don't know about allegations involving kids,but I always assumed he was 'on the other bus'.
Old Oct 20th 2004, 5:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

I remember hearing him say how he had sat with his mother's corpse for a few days when she died.
Old Oct 20th 2004, 5:39 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by doctor scrumpy
I remember hearing him say how he had sat with his mother's corpse for a few days when she died.
couldn't fix that could he?
Old Oct 20th 2004, 5:42 pm
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lottie
Don't know the gossip, did try and do a quick web search as I saw it mentioned on another board on here today.
I posted his name on the TV personalities thread on who you would like to see the back of.

Jimmy Saville has been subject to a long-standing whispering campaign. Similair to the one preceeding the arrest of Jonathan King. There has never been the kind of evidence that the CPS could act upon.

I wasn't aware of this until a close relative of mine who has access to information of this type on a regular basis, told me about JS after he had read the file.

Oh and a mate of mine saw him on a train and said he smelt disgusting and looked like a kiddy fiddler.

Old Oct 20th 2004, 9:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond repute

I was not aware of this either! I find it somewhat surprising I must say. Just out of interest I think that the info on what a kiddy fiddler looks like should be passed over to Scotland Yard. It would help there arrest rate. HeHe!!