Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

JetBlue's new route

JetBlue's new route

Old Mar 7th 2006, 11:21 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Smile JetBlue's new route

This might spark Bob's interest....

http://airfare.travelzoo.com/north-a...airfare/229344

(Maybe us lot in the NY area should go on a jolly and say hi to him.....)

Last edited by Englishmum; Mar 7th 2006 at 11:24 pm.
Old Mar 7th 2006, 11:49 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: JetBlue's new route

bugger me...someone actually offering a service into the Portland jetport? I wouldn't take it though...that runway, there's a reason it usually costs an arm and a leg to fly there...the runway is tiny, way to short for most planes, slightest bit out on the landing and you'll overshoot, hit I-95 and then splash into the bay, which is why insurance for flights there are stupidly high...but they are expanding the runway...well they have been working on it for years...once done, could be alright...it's a cute airport, not bad parking and smack in the middle of the city.
Old Mar 8th 2006, 1:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

britchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud of

They are also starting a new route to Bermuda for those who fancy something slightly warmer...
Old Mar 8th 2006, 3:43 pm
Forum Regular

THFC1 will become famous soon enoughTHFC1 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Englishmum
This might spark Bob's interest....

http://airfare.travelzoo.com/north-a...airfare/229344

(Maybe us lot in the NY area should go on a jolly and say hi to him.....)
I make the trip up to Portland every 6-8 weeks on business and usually take Delta from LGA. It would be much better for me to go from Newark but the Continental prices from Newark are usually around $700. I love Jetblue so definately think I will be a on a few of their flights.

Portland Apt is pretty nice and their security is the tighest of any airport I've ever been too. The downside being it takes ages to get airside.
Old Mar 8th 2006, 5:18 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by THFC1
I make the trip up to Portland every 6-8 weeks on business and usually take Delta from LGA. It would be much better for me to go from Newark but the Continental prices from Newark are usually around $700. I love Jetblue so definately think I will be a on a few of their flights.
How much business can you do in Maine?

Though come the summer, flights should be going down in price across the board because of the runway dilema...
Old Mar 8th 2006, 6:07 pm
Forum Regular

THFC1 will become famous soon enoughTHFC1 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Bob
How much business can you do in Maine?

Not too much! Usually a couple of hours spent at the office followed by dinner at the Fore Street Restaurant.
Old Mar 8th 2006, 6:30 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by THFC1
Not too much! Usually a couple of hours spent at the office followed by dinner at the Fore Street Restaurant.
You should go to the old port, there's a lot of nice bars, can't remember the name but it's a couple of buildings to the left of the "Irish" one, fantastic collection of beer and food