Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Jerry Springer - The Opera

Jerry Springer - The Opera

Old Jan 8th 2005, 7:43 pm
Through the square window

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Jerry Springer - The Opera

Pity we'll never see this here:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertain...io/4154071.stm

Britland is getting more like the United States of Jesusland here, 40,000 complaints about the screening of the opera even before it's aired.
They must have been shipping in the fundementalists christians from over here.
The organisation Christian Voice will hold a prayer vigil outside BBC Television Centre from 2030 GMT, prior to the show's broadcast on BBC Two.

And the Conservatives have joined the attack on the screening, with deputy leader Michael Ancram saying the BBC had a duty to exercise caution.

Meanwhile the BBC insisted there were less than 300 swear words in the show.

A reported total of 8,000 obscenities was reached by adding every swear word sung by each member of the 27-strong chorus.

However, on Saturday, a BBC spokesperson said the number was less than 300 and was arrived at "even using the broadest definition of an offensive word".
Don't know what all the fuss is about meself.
But it makes me want to see this thing even more now.

Springer is being played by David Soul.

Nice.

Well done the Beeb.
Freedom of speech and all that as they say over here.
Old Jan 9th 2005, 12:20 am
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Jerry Springer - The Opera

But I assume all the religious hatred caused in the name of God is acceptable to this moaning gits ?
Old Jan 9th 2005, 12:30 am
BE Forum Addict

tony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jerry Springer - The Opera

My brother and sister-in-law are not church goers, bible punchers or fundamentalist Christians so why in the hell are people jumping on this band wagon because people object. Do you know everyone who has objected, personally? I do not hide the fact that I am a Christian as you can see from my profile but I did not watch his shows even before I became one.