Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Jeep Liberty?

Jeep Liberty?

Old Mar 21st 2006, 5:06 am
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute
Default Jeep Liberty?

Ok I've read the thread on the Jeep Wrangler but any opinions on the Liberty? I'm looking at the Limited Edition (colour coded bumpers, what can I say?), leather interior, ABS, heated seats and cd changer. Anything else I should add to my shopping list?

And what about Certified Pre-Owned? Are they really all that much better? I'm going to buy a used one anyway.
Old Mar 21st 2006, 5:27 am
Payed up premium member

evoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jeep Liberty?

Originally Posted by CaliforniaBride
Ok I've read the thread on the Jeep Wrangler but any opinions on the Liberty? I'm looking at the Limited Edition (colour coded bumpers, what can I say?), leather interior, ABS, heated seats and cd changer. Anything else I should add to my shopping list?

And what about Certified Pre-Owned? Are they really all that much better? I'm going to buy a used one anyway.
Certified is better and not always any more expensive. Research, research.

Personally I went for the Mercedes ML320, and next will go for the BMW X5.

Ask yourself would you buy an American car in the UK?

alan
Old Mar 21st 2006, 5:32 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

All Jeeps are shit!!!! period..........
Old Mar 21st 2006, 5:34 am
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
All Jeeps are shit!!!! period..........
Are you due on your period? Is that what you're saying?
Old Mar 21st 2006, 5:36 am
Bloody Yank

RoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond repute

Unless you really plan on sustained off-road driving (and no, Coldwater Canyon is not offroad driving) and/or the Jeeps have a certain cool factor that you must have, I'd avoid them. The build quality is mediocre, and reliability does not tend to be a strong suit.

As for Certified, I pulled this description of the Jeep CPO program from the Edmunds website:

125-point mechanical and appearance inspection
CARFAX Vehicle History Report
8-Year/80,000-Mile Powertrain Limited Warranty runs from date vehicle was sold new. A deductible applies
3-Month/3,000 mile Maximum Care Limited Warranty with $0 deductible runs from date of sale of the vehicle, or at the expiration of the 3/36 Basic Warranty
24-Hour Towing and Roadside Assistance
Rental car coverage only if repairs take vehicle out of service more than one day
Owner loyalty communications and service coupons

Most of this stuff doesn't count for much. You should have your own mechanic inspect any used car prior to purchasing it, you can and should buy your own CARFAX report for just a few bucks, and you can get roadside assistance with AAA. The valuable add-on is to this is the warranty coverage, but chances are good that the "certification" makes that warranty coverage very expensive, and possibly not a good value.

Each April, Consumer Reports magazine devotes itself exclusively to cars, which includes data from its reliability survey. If you are in the market for a new or late model used car, and reliability is a concern, then it is money well spent. As luck would have it, that issue is on newsstands now, just came out several days ago.
Old Mar 21st 2006, 5:39 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Are you due on your period? Is that what you're saying?
Ok they are wonderful .....I know two going back under the lemon laws this week ..perfect for you....
Old Mar 21st 2006, 5:43 am
CA to TX to Jamaica

Originally Posted by evoal2003
Certified is better and not always any more expensive. Research, research.

Personally I went for the Mercedes ML320, and next will go for the BMW X5.

Ask yourself would you buy an American car in the UK?

alan
This is part of my research. Being reading websites for days. Got bored. Haven't posted on here in a while. You know.

Not sure about the X5 though....http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/c...-worst-406.htm
Old Mar 21st 2006, 5:51 am
Payed up premium member

evoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond repute

This is part of my research. Being reading websites for days. Got bored. Haven't posted on here in a while. You know.

Not sure about the X5 though....http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/c...-worst-406.htm
Ml320 it is then. Although the more popular X5 3.0 was not mentioned.
Old Mar 21st 2006, 10:31 am
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

i have a jeep liberty and i love it, so does everyone who drives it. i took it off road yesterday, fun, fun, fun
Old Mar 21st 2006, 11:33 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Its a jeep....

This is the only jeep worth having

Old Mar 21st 2006, 12:27 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with Evoal2003 get the ML. We looked at the Liberty a few years ago for our daughter when she was learning to drive. The ML wins hands down for safety and comfort.
Old Mar 21st 2006, 12:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

I like them from the outside, but from the inside they are very uncomfortable. The seats feel like they are made of concrete and the dashboard is tiny and feels like you are miles from it. I rented a 4x4 version last year for 4 days and liked the nippy little 3.5 litre engine, but my wife also complained that she had to stretch to use the gear shift, although I personally didn't have a problem with it. It was on our short list to buy up until that rental, but after that, we went for the Nissan Xterra instead. More engine, more room, same sort of price.
Old Mar 21st 2006, 1:30 pm
Going home at last

dragonfly is a name known to alldragonfly is a name known to alldragonfly is a name known to alldragonfly is a name known to alldragonfly is a name known to alldragonfly is a name known to alldragonfly is a name known to alldragonfly is a name known to alldragonfly is a name known to alldragonfly is a name known to alldragonfly is a name known to all

we have a jeep liberty and we like it however it is quite thirsty and you do have to be very careful going around sharpe bends. It is great in the snow with the 4 wheel drive as up here in pennsylvania we do get quite a lot of snow! When the lease ends on our present vehicle we will defintley get another jeep
Old Mar 21st 2006, 1:37 pm
I approved this message

Hiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond repute

The Rav 4, CR-V, X-Terra, Forrester and new FJ are probably all better bets.

The Jeep Liberty's a very old design at this point, has terrible trade-in/resale, is relatively underpowered, handles relatively poorly, is surprisingly small inside and is notoriously problem prone.

If you simply have to buy a Jeep, get the Grand Cherokee, it's a much, much better truck.
Old Mar 21st 2006, 1:42 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dragonfly
we have a jeep liberty and we like it however it is quite thirsty and you do have to be very careful going around sharpe bends. It is great in the snow with the 4 wheel drive as up here in pennsylvania we do get quite a lot of snow! When the lease ends on our present vehicle we will defintley get another jeep
Seem to remember it had roll over problems, that's one reason we didn't get one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.