Jeans - USA

Old May 14th 2005, 8:14 pm
Account Closed

Dimsie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Jeans - USA

Shhhhh! I think there IS something in the US I find better than in the UK.
Jeans. I live in 'em (in spite of being of a certain age). Seven for All Mankind are my favourite, but there is such a wide variety of good quality jeans available on-line that I haven't tried . The only snag is choosing the right size when they can't be tried on first. Has anyone else found their perfect pair yet? (Jeans that is!)
Old May 14th 2005, 9:32 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jeans - USA

Errr...only one's around here are levi's or wrangler's and they always come in weird sizes for dumplings or whatever, only pairs in my size have buttons so I've kind of given up on them these days, but have seen nice one's when venturing out to portland mall and stuff...though often same problem of those naff worn out looking ones in my size or bloomin' buttons *lol*
Old May 15th 2005, 12:43 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Steve and Berry's
$9.98 a pair
Old May 15th 2005, 2:57 am

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Post Re: Jeans - USA

Originally Posted by Dimsie
Shhhhh! I think there IS something in the US I find better than in the UK.
Jeans. I live in 'em (in spite of being of a certain age). Seven for All Mankind are my favourite, but there is such a wide variety of good quality jeans available on-line that I haven't tried . The only snag is choosing the right size when they can't be tried on first. Has anyone else found their perfect pair yet? (Jeans that is!)
Bloody hell.....you must be loaded....those jeans are not cheap!

I was with my fashionista friend who fits new clothes in her profession so she has to wear the 'hot' labels....she needed some new jeans to wear to work in the fashion district in NYC, so we went to Neiman Marcus and she was trying the 'Sevens For All Mankind' range but chose to buy the "Citizens For Humanity" jeans instead as she finds them a better 'fit' - she is a perfect size 8.

She was so pleased that they had been reduced to $109 (were originally $178).

I'm vertically challenged (5'2") and currently the best fit for me in jeans is the brand by Lee jeans (low rise bootleg) and also their cropped jeans. Levis have the back pockets too far down the bum.

((((Hey Bob))))

Is there a "Bob's Store" in your neck of the woods? They have branches in NJ and the North East and they stock various brands of jeans and men's casual wear....I know that they take up hems on jeans for about $1 if required.

http://www.bobstores.com/index.asp

Last edited by Englishmum; May 15th 2005 at 3:01 am.
Old May 15th 2005, 3:29 am
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light

I hate Old Navy jeans as it seems that, no matter what size you are, the legs are fitted for stick insects!

My absolute faves are the American Eagle Outfitters wide leg jean - now those are made for real women, (and I don't mean those that are on the rather large side either)!
Old May 15th 2005, 3:33 am
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

The jeans are junk. The denim lasts about six wash cycles before it starts to die. Supposedly the Japanese have the best denim material these days.
Old May 15th 2005, 4:43 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

St. John's Bay brand - the J.C. Penney in-house brand - fit me very well, every time. It's kind of sad, but on any given day, if I realise I'm not clothed entirely by J.C. Penney, it's usually at least 80%. LOL
Old May 15th 2005, 5:41 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishmum
((((Hey Bob))))

Is there a "Bob's Store" in your neck of the woods? They have branches in NJ and the North East and they stock various brands of jeans and men's casual wear....I know that they take up hems on jeans for about $1 if required.
there is..but it's like walking into the village of the damned...plus they mainly only have womens clothing, mens jeans tend to be for kids or a waist line starting at 38 inches...
Old May 15th 2005, 7:29 am
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Bob
there is..but it's like walking into the village of the damned...plus they mainly only have womens clothing, mens jeans tend to be for kids or a waist line starting at 38 inches...
get a pair of womens then if they look ok on
Old May 15th 2005, 11:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Lottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by FlyergirlUK
I hate Old Navy jeans as it seems that, no matter what size you are, the legs are fitted for stick insects!

My absolute faves are the American Eagle Outfitters wide leg jean - now those are made for real women, (and I don't mean those that are on the rather large side either)!

Agree, hate Old Navy jeans, but GAP are fab! Just go to the outlet mall, rather than the store as they are 1/2 the price
Old May 15th 2005, 2:30 pm
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lottie
Agree, hate Old Navy jeans, but GAP are fab! Just go to the outlet mall, rather than the store as they are 1/2 the price
Ditto on that. The Gap outlet stores tend to sell jeans with "slight defects" at a reduced priced. I've bought several of these "slightly defected" Gap jeans over the years, and to date I have YET to find the defects!

~ Jenney
Old May 15th 2005, 2:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

I had a load of Gap jeans when I came out here. But now I'm more of an Old Navy jean wearer. I wear them rarely though due to the weather. Shorts rule!
Old May 15th 2005, 3:03 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Guess jeans for me
Old May 15th 2005, 4:01 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by chukka
get a pair of womens then if they look ok on
but would it make my bum look big?
Old May 15th 2005, 4:04 pm
Just around the next bend

dbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond repute

I love Levi's, and always have, since I was about 15 years old. I used to buy 501's but now it's 515 all the way .... I wear the bootleg jeans, as the flare tends to help balance out the hips, and I also wear the capris and shorts. I shop for them at the local Goody's store, usually on a discount day where I get them for about $24.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.