Jack who??

Old Oct 24th 2005, 2:13 am
Forum Regular

paul_TX is a glorious beacon of lightpaul_TX is a glorious beacon of lightpaul_TX is a glorious beacon of lightpaul_TX is a glorious beacon of lightpaul_TX is a glorious beacon of lightpaul_TX is a glorious beacon of lightpaul_TX is a glorious beacon of lightpaul_TX is a glorious beacon of lightpaul_TX is a glorious beacon of lightpaul_TX is a glorious beacon of lightpaul_TX is a glorious beacon of light
Default Jack who??

http://us.cnn.com/2005/US/10/23/rice...eut/index.html
Old Oct 24th 2005, 2:23 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice
Default Re: Jack who??

""And Alabamans generally appeared bemused by the man from Blackburn, Lancashire.""

Much the same as the people from Blackburn, Lancashire then!!

""Straw called American football "rugby with commercials""

for fat nancy boys that need 3 tons of full body armor and a crash helmet each!!
Old Oct 24th 2005, 1:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Celsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond repute

I like the description of American kids's reaction to cricket...
Old Oct 24th 2005, 1:19 pm
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Celsius
I like the description of American kids's reaction to cricket...
especially as they probably love rounders, er I mean baseball which drags on
Old Oct 24th 2005, 2:44 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

The Tuscaloosa News seems to have hit the nail on the head...

As for folk not knowing who he is - fair enough - wonder how many in the Uk would know who Condoleeza Rice was? Or Jack Straw for that matter...............

But the Officials getting his name and title wrong.....pretty poor....
Old Oct 24th 2005, 4:13 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

I just want to express my pride in my fellow Alabamians for being able to spell Shaw or Snow correctly. Spelling down here does get kinda iffy when you get up to or over 4 letters in a word.

As to his comments on the great American games of football and baseball...and 'Nancy boys" let me remind him that it is in the UK and the Continent that you all seem to enjoy so much a bunch of young virile men in short shorts, and knee socks running back and forth across a field, patting each other on the asses and showing their tits when they score a goal...
Old Oct 24th 2005, 5:02 pm
Pass me the Marmite..

franc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ironporer
and 'Nancy boys" let me remind him that it is in the UK and the Continent that you all seem to enjoy so much a bunch of young virile men in short shorts, and knee socks running back and forth across a field, patting each other on the asses and showing their tits when they score a goal...
Yeah, but they do it with mostly the same 11 men (not 30 men) and with 1 coach (not 12 coaches) and for 2 x 45 minutes non-stop (not 120 stops).
Old Oct 24th 2005, 5:30 pm
I approved this message

Hiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rushman
for fat nancy boys that need 3 tons of full body armor and a crash helmet each!!
So I guess a 6'4", 270 lb guy who can bench press about a thousand pounds, hits like a ****ing Mack truck and runs the 40 at an international level is a "fat nancy boy"?

Have you ever actually watched football?
Old Oct 24th 2005, 5:53 pm

Chorlton is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hiro11
So I guess a 6'4", 270 lb guy who can bench press about a thousand pounds, hits like a ****ing Mack truck and runs the 40 at an international level is a "fat nancy boy"?

yes and yes?
Old Oct 24th 2005, 7:04 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Compared to a rugby league or union player....YEAH!!!
Old Oct 24th 2005, 7:04 pm
Account Closed

Tried to watch a game once...but had to go to work on monday!!

I will admit though that the guy in your picture is definately one of the tougher ones................he was brave enough to wear short sleeves and risk a very nasty scratch!!!

Last edited by rushman; Oct 24th 2005 at 7:45 pm.
Old Oct 24th 2005, 7:40 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Have you ever watched Rugby or Aussie Rulz for that matter?!?!
Old Oct 24th 2005, 8:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partystar
Have you ever watched Rugby or Aussie Rulz for that matter?!?!
Haven't watched Rugby, but I watched entire Aussie Rules footy matches just out of curiosity. Looked like a cross between Soccer and Rugby without the scrum. Can't say I was too impressed by it.

Last edited by Jabba1; Oct 24th 2005 at 8:47 pm.
Old Oct 24th 2005, 8:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

tony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond repute

Rugby Unioun is played 40 mins each way. and consists of 15 players in each team not 90/100.
Rugby league is 13 a side. You certainly do not come off the field during play unless you have broken something.
That does not mean to say I do not watch American football. I think the two games are poles apart. Given the option of what I would watch American football comes in 3rd.
Old Oct 24th 2005, 8:09 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by tony126
Given the option of what I would watch American football comes in 3rd.
Presumably behind The test card and paint drying!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.