British Expats

British Expats (
-   USA (
-   -   J1 to green card (

JenG Feb 18th 2002 8:42 pm

J1 to green card
I'm American, and my new British husband and I are starting to work on his green card process. He is currently on a J-1 visa as a researcher, and he claimed the US/UK tax treaty for 1/2 year. Is the treaty automatically void (ie he'll owe back taxes) if he remains in the US longer than two years, even he changes his visa status to something other than a J-1 before then? What if he leaves the US before the 2 years of his J-1 are over and then reenters on another visa - will he owe back taxes then?
Thanks for any information!

All times are GMT. The time now is 8:16 am.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.