Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

ITVN-Setanta Sports Channel

ITVN-Setanta Sports Channel

Old Apr 8th 2007, 3:34 am
Illinois Rapscallion

Circus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond repute
Default ITVN-Setanta Sports Channel

I was going to post this in the sports section but then thought it may be of interest to a wider audience ...btw ...I have no connection with either company I'm just a subscriber
Setanta is a Irish sports channel that shows most of the stuff that appears on Sky sports in the UK... ITVN is a company that provides TV via the net ...you get a box that you connect to a high speed net connection and to the tv.
The quality is good ...not brilliant...and it took all of 10 minutes to set up ....

If you miss your UK sport and don't want to have to subscribe to Satellite tv this may be the answer ...

http://www.itvn.com/
http://na.setanta.tv/na_index.htm
Old Apr 9th 2007, 11:01 am

penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ITVN-Setanta Sports Channel

Originally Posted by Circus-of-Power
I was going to post this in the sports section but then thought it may be of interest to a wider audience ...btw ...I have no connection with either company I'm just a subscriber
Setanta is a Irish sports channel that shows most of the stuff that appears on Sky sports in the UK... ITVN is a company that provides TV via the net ...you get a box that you connect to a high speed net connection and to the tv.
The quality is good ...not brilliant...and it took all of 10 minutes to set up ....

If you miss your UK sport and don't want to have to subscribe to Satellite tv this may be the answer ...

http://www.itvn.com/
http://na.setanta.tv/na_index.htm
I think you can also get Setanta on Dish Network for an added fee, or buy the Globecast system and get their signal.

Here is their US rights package (via Wikipedia)

*Shared live rights with Fox Soccer Channel of the FA Premier League.
*Only US network to have live Carling Cup football.
*Shared live rights with ESPN of the UEFA Champions League. (Setanta also has some games delayed, when other US Networks have first-run rights)
*Shared live rights with FOX Soccer Channel of the UEFA Cup.
*Only US Network to have live Football League Championship, League One and League Two matches, including play-offs.
*Live Guinness Premiership rugby union.
*Live Celtic League rugby union.
*Live Heineken Cup rugby union.
*Live Super League (Europe) rugby league.
*Live Allianz GAA National Football League (Ireland).
*Live Dutch Eredivisie football.
*Live French Ligue 1 football.
*Live Scottish FA Cup football.
*Live international football (only certain teams, friendlies, and World Cup play-offs).