Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

It's the season for the sweaters

It's the season for the sweaters

Old Oct 18th 2007, 6:06 pm
Pass me the Marmite..

franc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond repute
Default It's the season for the sweaters

Oh no, saw a woman today in the bright Orange Halloween JUMPER. (OK, it was a cardigan).

God help us for the season of trashy seasonal clothes.

The only thing that should be dressed "funny" this season is the bloody Turkey or the "Penny for the Guy" or Santa.

PLEASE STOP, I will puke. The turkey is more attractive that a seasonal Cardigan.............
Old Oct 18th 2007, 6:12 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: It's the season for the sweaters

Originally Posted by franc11s
Oh no, saw a woman today in the bright Orange Halloween JUMPER. (OK, it was a cardigan).

The only thing that should be dressed "funny" this season is the bloody Turkey or the "Penny for the Guy" or Santa.

PLEASE STOP, I will puke. The turkey is more attractive that a seasonal Cardigan.............
Sweater? It's 80F here.
Old Oct 18th 2007, 6:22 pm
Forum Regular

Zoot is a glorious beacon of lightZoot is a glorious beacon of lightZoot is a glorious beacon of lightZoot is a glorious beacon of lightZoot is a glorious beacon of lightZoot is a glorious beacon of lightZoot is a glorious beacon of lightZoot is a glorious beacon of lightZoot is a glorious beacon of lightZoot is a glorious beacon of lightZoot is a glorious beacon of light

Do you mean people dressed like this?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lizziev/66678231/

Last edited by Zoot; Oct 18th 2007 at 6:23 pm. Reason: image didn't work - posted link instead
Old Oct 18th 2007, 6:24 pm
Forum Regular

Zoot is a glorious beacon of lightZoot is a glorious beacon of lightZoot is a glorious beacon of lightZoot is a glorious beacon of lightZoot is a glorious beacon of lightZoot is a glorious beacon of lightZoot is a glorious beacon of lightZoot is a glorious beacon of lightZoot is a glorious beacon of lightZoot is a glorious beacon of lightZoot is a glorious beacon of light

... or this?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/whitogreen/153680074/
Old Oct 18th 2007, 7:55 pm
Pass me the Marmite..

franc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zoot

Yep... You got it. Please, they should be banned. I just think they look so unattractive, even ignoring the tackiness
Old Oct 18th 2007, 7:55 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing wrong with bright orange OSU Beaver fans wear it all the time, at least my brother-in-law does
Old Oct 18th 2007, 9:14 pm
Pass me the Marmite..

Originally Posted by lansbury
Nothing wrong with bright orange OSU Beaver fans wear it all the time, at least my brother-in-law does
And that's OK. Like bright Red for Man United or Yellow and Black and Red for Watford... but not for the intent to look "attractive" or "nice" "in season".. IMHO.. "tackville"
Old Oct 18th 2007, 9:27 pm
Forum Regular

Britdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud of

There's a woman here it work who not only has the standard loud Christmas sweater, but it has a dozen or so bells hanging off it ... you can hear her coming a couple of hundred feet away, but it's so truly sad that all I can do is laugh.

Yep... You got it. Please, they should be banned. I just think they look so unattractive, even ignoring the tackiness
Old Oct 19th 2007, 2:08 am
Last orders please...

lisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond repute

I just can't stand the fact that they start wearing them at the beginning of October....and forgive me but....who looks good in Pumpkin orange
Old Oct 19th 2007, 11:41 am
BE Forum Addict

joto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lisag8070
I just can't stand the fact that they start wearing them at the beginning of October....and forgive me but....who looks good in Pumpkin orange
Jailbirds don't seem to mind orange jump suits.
Old Oct 19th 2007, 1:01 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Me!

Why are you guys so obssessed with what others wear? Are you as judgmental and condemning of Brits who dress like white trash as well?
Old Oct 19th 2007, 1:13 pm
Guttural Brumerican

Titchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Me!

Why are you guys so obssessed with what others wear? Are you as judgmental and condemning of Brits who dress like white trash as well?
Yes.
Old Oct 19th 2007, 2:34 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Titchski
Yes.

Right!
Old Oct 19th 2007, 3:21 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zoot

Very nice.

I find that I am very attracted to women who wear beautiful sweaters/works of art such as those in your example. They are sexy and stylish and if made by the wearer also showcase their handiness with both puff paint and hot glue gun.

My wife, unfortunately, does not share my fondness for these special creations, even though her Bachelors degree is "Technical Theatre, emphasis in Costume Design and Construction." She even disdains and mocks these seasonal wonders, going so far as to say that the wearers appeared to have "walked through Michaels wearing a crap magnet" and that it would be a cold day in hell before she would wear a clothing that resembled a "four year old's preschool art project."

I have a plan though. If I bought a plain sweatshirt, and had the kids decorate it and give it to her as Christmas present from them, she couldn't really refuse to wear it could she? That would make our kids very sad...

Old Oct 19th 2007, 3:26 pm
Greatly Missed. RIP

DollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by another bloody yank

I have a plan though. If I bought a plain sweatshirt, and had the kids decorate it and give it to her as Christmas present from them, she couldn't really refuse to wear it could she? That would make our kids very sad...

She would probably wear it once to keep the kids happy.........but then it would mysteriously get "destroyed" when the laundry was done

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.