Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

its safer in the US

its safer in the US

Old Aug 17th 2007, 2:50 pm
Just Joined

bromleybill is an unknown quantity at this point
Default its safer in the US

As many of you know, serious crime abounds and America has more fatal events but consider the daily lives of most people as being safe in most districts. Contrast this with most cities in England where teenage children run amok with agressive behaviour, stealing, vandalising and now to common assaults on passers by. Fuelled with alcahol bought easily from supermarkets and local shops, the marauding bands have now hit the headlines with actual battering to death of adults trying to protect property or each other.
Towns and cities are no go areas on Friday and Saturday nights as older boys and girls smash up the place and each other in drunken violence.

With a higher age for drinking, pro-active policing and shared responsibilities in "community" the US , in general, is a safer place to live day to day!
Old Aug 17th 2007, 2:53 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: its safer in the US

my word bromleybill that sounds like a third world country...i'd make my escape pdq!
Old Aug 17th 2007, 2:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bromleybill
As many of you know, serious crime abounds and America has more fatal events but consider the daily lives of most people as being safe in most districts. Contrast this with most cities in England where teenage children run amok with agressive behaviour, stealing, vandalising and now to common assaults on passers by. Fuelled with alcahol bought easily from supermarkets and local shops, the marauding bands have now hit the headlines with actual battering to death of adults trying to protect property or each other.
Towns and cities are no go areas on Friday and Saturday nights as older boys and girls smash up the place and each other in drunken violence.

With a higher age for drinking, pro-active policing and shared responsibilities in "community" the US , in general, is a safer place to live day to day!
Is this based on statistical evidence or personal beliefs?
Old Aug 17th 2007, 3:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bromleybill

But there are not many shootings in the UK (unless you live in Nottingham!) Faced with the choice, I'd take a bottle of Becks across the head over a sawn-off shell through the chest!! Seems like you've been reading the UK press too much, where you average UK city now sounds like a suburb of Baghdad.
Old Aug 17th 2007, 3:08 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
my word bromleybill that sounds like a third world country...i'd make my escape pdq!
I tell you its mayhem here - absolutely scary!!
Old Aug 17th 2007, 3:10 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Elvira
and what about all them there chavs...
Old Aug 17th 2007, 3:12 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

and what about all them there chavs...
Sorry, can't help you - still haven't come across any
Old Aug 17th 2007, 3:14 pm
Account Closed

Sorry, can't help you - still haven't come across any
but they are EVERYWHERE so they say
Old Aug 17th 2007, 3:16 pm
Homebody

but they are EVERYWHERE so they say
Can you tell me where EVERYWHERE is as I've not come across it?
Old Aug 17th 2007, 3:17 pm

penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute

It's too early for them to be awake. Anytime the sun is out they are in hiding.
Old Aug 17th 2007, 3:18 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I'm hiring two bodyguards for my next UK trip.
Old Aug 17th 2007, 3:22 pm
Homebody

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I'm hiring two bodyguards for my next UK trip.
How many do you think you'll need for Capitol Hill in DC or South Central LA?
Old Aug 17th 2007, 3:29 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

How many do you think you'll need for Capitol Hill in DC or South Central LA?
Errr....maybe the OP could answer that one.
Old Aug 17th 2007, 3:33 pm
Homebody

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Errr....maybe the OP could answer that one.
Of course, the nice thing about the US is that you never actually need to go to those nasty places.

Though I've heard that sometimes people from there invade gated communities and break into law-abiding people's houses and steal stuff.

But it's okay, here you're allowed to shoot them, aren't you.
Old Aug 17th 2007, 3:37 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Of course, the nice thing about the US is that you never actually need to go to those nasty places.

Though I've heard that sometimes people from there invade gated communities and break into law-abiding people's houses and steal stuff.

But it's okay, here you're allowed to shoot them, aren't you.
My bodyguards will carry AK 47's...it's compulsory.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.