Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

It's Official- Hershey's Really is Crap!

It's Official- Hershey's Really is Crap!

Old Oct 1st 2008, 3:35 pm
\o/

OiOi has much to be proud ofOiOi has much to be proud ofOiOi has much to be proud ofOiOi has much to be proud ofOiOi has much to be proud ofOiOi has much to be proud ofOiOi has much to be proud ofOiOi has much to be proud ofOiOi has much to be proud ofOiOi has much to be proud ofOiOi has much to be proud of
Default Re: It's Official- Hershey's Really is Crap!

Hershey Squirts will always be the Hershey Squirts
Old Oct 1st 2008, 3:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Janek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OiOi
Hershey Squirts will always be the Hershey Squirts
The chocolate sucks, but the park (Hershey, PA) is a great place to go.
Old Oct 1st 2008, 6:13 pm
Forum Regular

edwords is on a distinguished road

My wife and I like the stores, but their scanner checkout stations are confusing and frustrating. Fortunately, they do have employees nearby to assist.
Old Oct 1st 2008, 6:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Janek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by edwords
My wife and I like the stores, but their scanner checkout stations are confusing and frustrating. Fortunately, they do have employees nearby to assist.
Are they like Tescos at home or are they just like every other grocery store?
Old Oct 1st 2008, 9:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

The Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond repute

I've tried the Cadbury's fruit and nut here, it tastes ok and is made by Hershey for Cadbury, they use sugar as opposed to the usual HFCS.

And what's the deal with putting 'flavor' in the butter?!

Even the apparently better varieties such as Land O' Lakes have it in there. I either go for the Kroger basic variety which has nothing added, or the organic stuff.
Old Oct 1st 2008, 10:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by The Horticulturalist
I've tried the Cadbury's fruit and nut here, it tastes ok and is made by Hershey for Cadbury, they use sugar as opposed to the usual HFCS.

Even the apparently better varieties such as Land O' Lakes have it in there. I either go for the Kroger basic variety which has nothing added, or the organic stuff.
American butter and marg is disgusting. God knows what they do to it. I buy the danish Lurpak, or Kerrygold if I can't get the danish.
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 12:19 am
BE Forum Addict

geeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Horticulturalist

I haven't had a Hershey's made Cadbury's Fruit and Nut bar since the bar with the little green wriggly worm in it.

The best butter I've found is Safeways Organic, it actually tastes like butter. Luckily, we can buy Kerrygold in our local Safeways.