Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

It's the little things...........

It's the little things...........

Old Dec 13th 2006, 3:25 am
Bugger Off!

Silly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond repute
Default It's the little things...........

As we all know it is nice to make contact with fellow ex-pats. As much as we (mostly I guess) enjoy being here it is always nice to chat to a fellow immigrant. So, imagine my joy when, after my PC crapped out and I needed the tech guy to come out (thank god for the three year rip off warranty, getting me moneysworth after all) - the guy turned up and is from just up the road from me in Manchester.

He lives just down the road from me here and is married to an american. As you can imagine we had a right good old chin wag. He fixed my PC, added a few new bits that weren't part of the deal and we ex-changed numbers. Just thought I'd share that. Small world eh? It made me grin all afternoon
Old Dec 13th 2006, 5:43 am

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: It's the little things...........

It's always nice to make new friends
Old Dec 13th 2006, 5:55 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by Silly Sod
As we all know it is nice to make contact with fellow ex-pats. As much as we (mostly I guess) enjoy being here it is always nice to chat to a fellow immigrant. So, imagine my joy when, after my PC crapped out and I needed the tech guy to come out (thank god for the three year rip off warranty, getting me moneysworth after all) - the guy turned up and is from just up the road from me in Manchester.

He lives just down the road from me here and is married to an american. As you can imagine we had a right good old chin wag. He fixed my PC, added a few new bits that weren't part of the deal and we ex-changed numbers. Just thought I'd share that. Small world eh? It made me grin all afternoon
Translation:

He lives just down the road, in the state penitentary, and is married to an american welfare fiddler. As you can imagine we had a right good old chin wag. He fixed my PC, added a few new bits that weren't part of the deal that he'd stolen from his employer, he slipped me a Micky Finn and robbed my house, stole my credit cards and the car and crapped on the living room carpet. Just thought I'd share that. Small world eh? It made me grin all afternoon
Old Dec 13th 2006, 11:05 am
Bugger Off!

Silly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rushman
Translation:

He lives just down the road, in the state penitentary, and is married to an american welfare fiddler. As you can imagine we had a right good old chin wag. He fixed my PC, added a few new bits that weren't part of the deal that he'd stolen from his employer, he slipped me a Micky Finn and robbed my house, stole my credit cards and the car and crapped on the living room carpet. Just thought I'd share that. Small world eh? It made me grin all afternoon
Hmmmm......you know him then? Actually, now that you mention it, he is from between Manc and Liverpool, but much closer to the Pool and last night I noticed a lot of cars without hub caps in our carpark.........
Old Dec 13th 2006, 11:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Tbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to hear it!
I met a Brit in the Christmas Cracker isle of Home goods last week, we exchanged numbers and she also told me about another gal closer to my age group that she had also just met and who lives just 10 mins from me!
Anyway, we exchanged emails and spoke on the phone yesterday for almost an hour....... it was great, we are organising a get together in the next couple of weeks for the 3 of us and another gal from Scotland hopefully too!

It's Brilliant isn't it when you meet a fellow Brit and you also actually seem to have some stuff in common too, not just your nationality!
I hope you will enjoy some Xmas brews together
Old Dec 13th 2006, 12:32 pm
Bugger Off!

Originally Posted by Tbag
Glad to hear it!
I met a Brit in the Christmas Cracker isle of Home goods last week, we exchanged numbers and she also told me about another gal closer to my age group that she had also just met and who lives just 10 mins from me!
Anyway, we exchanged emails and spoke on the phone yesterday for almost an hour....... it was great, we are organising a get together in the next couple of weeks for the 3 of us and another gal from Scotland hopefully too!

It's Brilliant isn't it when you meet a fellow Brit and you also actually seem to have some stuff in common too, not just your nationality!
Cheers tbag, I am sure we will and I'll sink one for you too mate.
Old Dec 13th 2006, 12:52 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tbag
I would rather have the bubonic plague that meet most tourist tossers
That may just be a Florida thing though
Old Dec 13th 2006, 1:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Dogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
I would rather have the bubonic plague that meet most tourist tossers
That may just be a Florida thing though

I take it that your from the better area of the UK originally,is it bloody southerners then!!
Old Dec 13th 2006, 2:05 pm
Forum Regular

Zoot is a glorious beacon of lightZoot is a glorious beacon of lightZoot is a glorious beacon of lightZoot is a glorious beacon of lightZoot is a glorious beacon of lightZoot is a glorious beacon of lightZoot is a glorious beacon of lightZoot is a glorious beacon of lightZoot is a glorious beacon of lightZoot is a glorious beacon of lightZoot is a glorious beacon of light

Sometimes it's just nice to be amongst your own kind.
Old Dec 13th 2006, 3:21 pm
Bugger Off!

Originally Posted by Zoot
Sometimes it's just nice to be amongst your own kind.
Well, this guy isn't a tourist anyway of course, he has been here for six years. Seems a bit off to moan about tourists though, when you live in a state that relies on tourism to some degree for it's economy. That said, students in Manchester get on everyone's nerves but they also contribute a lot to the local economy, bunch of tossers that they tend to be. I guess we just have to live with it - or move out of Manchester/Florida. I am sure you wont find many tourists in Compton. Perhaps a relocation? You could get a gang tattoo and a bandanna and fit right in, yo yo yo yoooooooo!!!!!
Old Dec 13th 2006, 3:27 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dogbyte
I take it that your from the better area of the UK originally,is it bloody southerners then!!
Maybe ... but I really hate it when I sit in a restaurant and some
oink in his football shirt, looking like a red loster...hears my accent and decided I must be his friend ..They get the picture ..eventually ...
Old Dec 13th 2006, 3:31 pm
Junior Showtime

Kate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
oink in his football shirt, looking like a red loster...hears my accent and decided I must be his friend ..They get the picture ..eventually ...

I just bet they do
Old Dec 13th 2006, 3:56 pm
Bugger Off!

Originally Posted by Ray
I sort of sympathise I suppose, but I was really talking about how it feels good to meet a fellow ex-pat rather than a loutish tourist. Florida has become the Spain of our time. Just be glad you didn't move to Thailand which is now the new costa del crime.
Old Dec 13th 2006, 4:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Dogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kate2112
I just bet they do

Plus a few, or rather a choice set, of words ending with 'off'-- I dont blame you.!
Old Dec 13th 2006, 4:13 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

I sort of sympathise I suppose, but I was really talking about how it feels good to meet a fellow ex-pat rather than a loutish tourist. Florida has become the Spain of our time. Just be glad you didn't move to Thailand which is now the new costa del crime.
yep totally agree with you, we are most definitely not in a tourist area and it's nice to hear the occasional english accent and on hearing the others accent we will usually pass the time of day and i return back to the house a happy bunny...lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.