Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Issues with USCIS site

Issues with USCIS site

Old Sep 13th 2009, 4:26 pm
Forum Regular

Wilto has much to be proud ofWilto has much to be proud ofWilto has much to be proud ofWilto has much to be proud ofWilto has much to be proud ofWilto has much to be proud ofWilto has much to be proud ofWilto has much to be proud ofWilto has much to be proud ofWilto has much to be proud ofWilto has much to be proud of
Default Issues with USCIS site

It's timing out on me, I'm trying to change my address online.
https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=coa is the change of address site.

I'm on a CR1 with a 2 year GC, I'm thinking that I don't need to submit form AR-11, correct?
Old Sep 13th 2009, 4:31 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Issues with USCIS site

Originally Posted by Wilto

I'm on a CR1 with a 2 year GC, I'm thinking that I don't need to submit form AR-11, correct?
Hi Wilto,

If you have a 2-year GC, you are no longer on a CR1. The CR1 was the visa you used to enter the USA, and now that you are a PR, that visa is no longer valid.

As long as you hold a GC (either the 2-year or the 10-year), you will need to file an AR-11 if you change your address.

Rene
Old Sep 13th 2009, 4:44 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wilto

I don't understand... If you think that you don't need to do it, why are you using that page?
From the link:
"In addition to changing your address for a pending application the law requires that all non-U.S. citizens, except for holders of A or G visas, report a change of address within 10 days of moving by completing a USCIS Form AR-11, Change of Address."

ALL non-immigrants are required use AR-11. I wonder how many of our H's & L's at BE do that?
Old Sep 13th 2009, 4:49 pm
Forum Regular

Wilto has much to be proud ofWilto has much to be proud ofWilto has much to be proud ofWilto has much to be proud ofWilto has much to be proud ofWilto has much to be proud ofWilto has much to be proud ofWilto has much to be proud ofWilto has much to be proud ofWilto has much to be proud ofWilto has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by meauxna
I don't understand... If you think that you don't need to do it, why are you using that page?
From the link:
"In addition to changing your address for a pending application the law requires that all non-U.S. citizens, except for holders of A or G visas, report a change of address within 10 days of moving by completing a USCIS Form AR-11, Change of Address."

ALL non-immigrants are required use AR-11. I wonder how many of our H's & L's at BE do that?
I got confused they mention something about a special AR-11 form which didnt apply to me ok well I when that site is back up and running I will give it a go, does that link work for anyone else?