Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

IRS Address, Austin Texas

IRS Address, Austin Texas

Old May 6th 2008, 9:24 am
BE Forum Addict

BritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond repute
Default IRS Address, Austin Texas

My wife received a notice from the IRS, saying that they couldn't match her tax returns up with her SSN as there was a different name on their records for that SSN.

My wife has not contacted the SSA to change her name since we got married, as we left the USA within days of getting married.

She can fill the form in that they sent (name change etc) and sign it, that's no problem. But it says to return it in the enclosed envelope, and there wasn't one!

The details at the top of the letter are:

IRS
Austin, TX
73301-0023

Is that address information sufficient on the front on an envelope to get to them ok?
Old May 6th 2008, 12:11 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IRS Address, Austin Texas

Originally Posted by BritishGuy36
My wife received a notice from the IRS, saying that they couldn't match her tax returns up with her SSN as there was a different name on their records for that SSN.

My wife has not contacted the SSA to change her name since we got married, as we left the USA within days of getting married.

She can fill the form in that they sent (name change etc) and sign it, that's no problem. But it says to return it in the enclosed envelope, and there wasn't one!

The details at the top of the letter are:

IRS
Austin, TX
73301-0023

Is that address information sufficient on the front on an envelope to get to them ok?
Yup ..I expect that Zip code is just for them ...
Old May 6th 2008, 1:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

BritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IRS Address, Austin Texas

Cheers Ray!

I just posted it. I asked what tracking mechanisms I could use to make sure it got there...the response was that it was a waste of time as "the american system of tracking is useless"....

Not sure if that's true but decided to keep the extra fiver in my sky rocket.