Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Invitation To Killer's Wife (PA School Shootings)

Invitation To Killer's Wife (PA School Shootings)

Old Oct 4th 2006, 2:15 pm
Account Closed

kingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura about
Post Invitation To Killer's Wife (PA School Shootings)

Families of some of the children murdered in rural Pennsylvania have reportedly invited the wife of their killer to the funerals.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/...236039,00.html

WOW!! These people are so forgiving, I can't believe it. Allowing the wife of the man who killed their kids to attend their funerals. Amazing!!
Old Oct 4th 2006, 2:22 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Post Re: Invitation To Killer's Wife (PA School Shootings)

I can believe it.

Unlike most of us whom regard ourselves as Christians (ie. only usually attend church for weddings, funerals, christenings) they live and breathe their faith and follow the tenets of what Jesus preached - which is to forgive and to love their enemies.

I heard one of the Amish men saying that they needed to 'turn the other cheek'. These people are so admirable. They say that the (souls of the) children have 'gone to a better place'...by this they mean they've gone to Heaven....and I think they're probably right.

The little school house is going to be demolished, understandably.

Last edited by Englishmum; Oct 4th 2006 at 2:25 pm.
Old Oct 4th 2006, 2:25 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Invitation To Killer's Wife (PA School Shootings)

i feel sorry for the wife, what a cross to bear, maybe she feels guilty and wonders if she could have done something to stop him i dunno anyway imo from what i've read there's no need to ostracise her
Old Oct 4th 2006, 2:30 pm
Account Closed

kingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura about
Post Re: Invitation To Killer's Wife (PA School Shootings)

Originally Posted by TruBrit
i feel sorry for the wife, what a cross to bear, maybe she feels guilty and wonders if she could have done something to stop him i dunno anyway imo from what i've read there's no need to ostracise her
You just have to have respect for these people. I wish I could be so forgiving and understanding.
Old Oct 4th 2006, 3:03 pm
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kingfisher241049
You just have to have respect for these people. I wish I could be so forgiving and understanding.
You can. If they can do it so can you, so can everyone, it's just extremely hard but I think its definitely something to aspire to.
I live amongst Amish and Mennonite people, they do all our local farmers markets, run handyman businesses, provide local shops with farm produce etc. My town is holding a candelight vigil for them this weekend, and I'm deliberating whether or not to go.

Anyway, one of the standard beliefs of these people is this; you must pray for people who have commited evil against you, forgive them, and wish them well on their journey in life.
Beautiful.
If you can manage to do it, all the more so.
Old Oct 4th 2006, 3:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Sarah
You can. If they can do it so can you, so can everyone, it's just extremely hard but I think its definitely something to aspire to.
I live amongst Amish and Mennonite people, they do all our local farmers markets, run handyman businesses, provide local shops with farm produce etc. My town is holding a candelight vigil for them this weekend, and I'm deliberating whether or not to go.

Anyway, one of the standard beliefs of these people is this; you must pray for people who have commited evil against you, forgive them, and wish them well on their journey in life.
Beautiful.
If you can manage to do it, all the more so.
Well said sarah. Its so easy these days to retaliate against another person instead of trying to forgive. It's one of the hardest things a person has to do, but it makes them a stronger person in the long run.

I grew up in the KW area in Ontario where there were a few number of amish and mennonite folks. We would go and visit their farmers market, local shops, etc. and admire them greatly. No electricity, no modern appliances, riding in a horse and buggy during the coldest winter months.

It was a terrible tragedy that man shooting those 6 innocent little girls. They must have been terrified and the other children will be traumatized for life. Yet the community holds their head up high and they continue to proceed with life with such dignity.
Old Oct 4th 2006, 3:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute

Yep they are amazing, they really do walk the talk. There has been a fund set up for the Amish community,and they have also set one up for the children of the killer.
Old Oct 4th 2006, 3:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kingfisher241049
Families of some of the children murdered in rural Pennsylvania have reportedly invited the wife of their killer to the funerals.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/...236039,00.html

WOW!! These people are so forgiving, I can't believe it. Allowing the wife of the man who killed their kids to attend their funerals. Amazing!!
I don't disagree with any of the comments about the Amish, but what has the women done that needs forgiveness?

As far as we know, she didn't know anything?
Old Oct 4th 2006, 3:50 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
As far as we know, she didn't know anything?
Agreed. She is as innocent in this as you or I. I feel for her children as well. For always to be thought of as the kid whose father killed those children. I hope their classmates have the same attitude as the Amish in their community and will not hold this against them for the sins of their father.
Old Oct 4th 2006, 3:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

It's so very sad all round, I hope the Wife and Children can get a new identity and try and put there live's back together.
Old Oct 4th 2006, 3:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Rete
Agreed. She is as innocent in this as you or I. I feel for her children as well. For always to be thought of as the kid whose father killed those children. I hope their classmates have the same attitude as the Amish in their community and will not hold this against them for the sins of their father.

And didnt she call the police after he called her saying that he was going to a school and kill.....
Old Oct 4th 2006, 4:22 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Personally I blame the wife....afterall it was her that told her husband to "Shoot up the school luv and get the kids for me will ya!!!"
Old Oct 4th 2006, 5:37 pm
I approved this message

Hiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Agreed. She is as innocent in this as you or I.
Totally disagree. The wife clearly ignored warning signs for years and did very little to stop the events from unfolding. Maybe she had no idea that he would take it this far, but clearly something was seriously amiss with this guy for years. I'd find it very hard to forgive her if these were my kids. I guess I'm just sick of the fact that every time a killer is revealed, people always act like they "had no idea".
I feel for her children as well. For always to be thought of as the kid whose father killed those children. I hope their classmates have the same attitude as the Amish in their community and will not hold this against them for the sins of their father.
That I agree with.
Old Oct 4th 2006, 5:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hiro11
Totally disagree. The wife clearly ignored warning signs for years and did very little to stop the events from unfolding. Maybe she had no idea that he would take it this far, but clearly something was seriously amiss with this guy for years. I'd find it very hard to forgive her if these were my kids. I guess I'm just sick of the fact that every time a killer is revealed, people always act like they "had no idea".
That I agree with.
What warning signs were those? Do you know this family personally?
Old Oct 4th 2006, 5:50 pm
I approved this message

Hiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
What warning signs were those? Do you know this family personally?
I take your point but I find it extremely hard to believe that anyone living with this loser wouldn't have picked up that something was wrong. I don't buy the "he was leading a double life" excuse.

It's similar to the BTK killer in Kansas from few years back: it turns out there were all sorts of indications about Rader for years and no one did anything about it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.