Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Intro and question

Intro and question

Old Mar 29th 2006, 5:41 pm
Just Joined

pruby has a brilliant futurepruby has a brilliant futurepruby has a brilliant futurepruby has a brilliant futurepruby has a brilliant futurepruby has a brilliant future
Default Intro and question

Hello, my name is Jessica. I was born on UK soil but raised on US soil and hold dual nationality.

I need to declare my children's births to the British Consolate here in the States as they are also eligable for dual citizenship. Can I only send one application at a time (I have to provide my birth cert and other info and it can only be in one package at a time) or can I send a bundle with my kids info and my personal info and get it done in one mailing? Once I get that taken care of, do I have to apply for their British passports individually or can I send one big package with all the personal info? I have four kids and this could be a long process if I have to do it individually.

Thanks for any input

Jessica
Old Mar 29th 2006, 5:46 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Intro and question

Originally Posted by pruby
Hello, my name is Jessica. I was born on UK soil but raised on US soil and hold dual nationality.

I need to declare my children's births to the British Consolate here in the States as they are also eligable for dual citizenship. Can I only send one application at a time (I have to provide my birth cert and other info and it can only be in one package at a time) or can I send a bundle with my kids info and my personal info and get it done in one mailing? Once I get that taken care of, do I have to apply for their British passports individually or can I send one big package with all the personal info? I have four kids and this could be a long process if I have to do it individually.

Thanks for any input

Jessica
Hi there, and welcome
I sent 2 off in the same package for birth registration and passports last year. I got the entire package sent back, without anything being done, but that was because (like a total tw@t) I had forgotten to get the passport photos signed on the back.....duhh......They put a form in with the reason for 'rejection' and it didn't mention anything about mulitple applications in the same package.
Old Mar 29th 2006, 5:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

mickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for any input

Jessica
Hi,

I have a seven month old born in the US, & will be getting him a British passport. From what I have read you can just apply for the passport, you do not have to register the birth with the embassy.
Old Mar 29th 2006, 5:57 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mickmills
Hi,

I have a seven month old born in the US, & will be getting him a British passport. From what I have read you can just apply for the passport, you do not have to register the birth with the embassy.
But you may wish to do so so that the birth can be re-found in case the passport is ever lost etc. Next best thing to having the birth in the GRO records.
Old Mar 29th 2006, 5:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

mickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowbunny
But you may wish to do so so that the birth can be re-found in case the passport is ever lost etc. Next best thing to having the birth in the GRO records.

Thanks for the advice, I'll do that too.
Old Mar 29th 2006, 6:06 pm
Junior Showtime

Kate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for any input

Jessica
http://www.britainusa.com/sections/a...=41001&a=25317

This may help with your decision. There is no reason why you shouldnt apply for all the passports at the same time.
Old Mar 29th 2006, 7:09 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mickmills

very handy to have it though...not just in case of lossing a passport, but proof that your entitled to the passport as well...