British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Intro and all that (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/intro-all-429078/)

Molly Malone Feb 20th 2007 2:42 pm

Intro and all that

Long time watcher, first time poster (?)

Nah, just introducing myself. I am Silly Sod's missus, and I have been reading along with him since he joined so I know a lot of people on here pretty well, and just decided to register and put my two cents in. I lived in the UK for about four months, which isn't very long, but I do know a bit about what it's like there (I positively love the place and wish we could go back, actually!!).

Currently unemployed but soon will have another job and I will probably not post often then, but for now I'll try and keep up. Umm, I'm a Michigan native though I have lived all over the US, I'm a mother of one, I still want to finish college and become a history teacher but that's on the back burner for a little longer yet. I love to talk politics and am a bleeding heart liberal on most issues.

I hate a full English breakfast and really don't like sausage, but I adore chips and curry sauce and beans on toast (lol) and I can make a really good chicken madras (the naan doesn't turn out too well, unfortunately). What I miss most about the UK are the comfy pubs, the temperate weather, the beautiful gardens, and all our family and friends there.

That was probably more than needed but a decent intro anyway. :)

Elvira Feb 20th 2007 2:44 pm

Re: Intro and all that

Well hello!!! :)

I was wondering what happened to you after your unfortunate experience at work. Glad to hear that you didn't go back to those tossers - and good luck with your future plans!

Sue Feb 20th 2007 3:36 pm

Welcome to the site.

Sue

Maz Feb 20th 2007 4:20 pm

Welcome Molly! I always enjoy reading your hubby's posts. :)

Bob Feb 20th 2007 4:34 pm

Welcome to BE :)

TouristTrap Feb 20th 2007 5:24 pm

Welcome Molly :)

Looking forward to reading your thoughts :):)

Molly Malone Feb 20th 2007 6:22 pm

Ooh, thanks everyone!

Elvira, yes, they were tossers! I have never been so unhappy at a job before in my life, and I have had all kinds of jobs. Thank you for the well wishes!

Maz, I will tell him you enjoy his posts, though that may only make his head bigger (he already thinks he knows everything! lol - don't tell).

Can't wait to get fired up and start posting!

TruBrit Feb 20th 2007 6:23 pm

cheers molly...welcome :)

britvic Feb 20th 2007 6:28 pm

Welcome to BE Molly, Mrs Silly Sod :beer:

Ray Feb 20th 2007 9:08 pm

In Dublin's fair city,
Where girls are so pretty,
I first set my eyes on sweet Molly Malone,
As she pushed her wheelbarrow
Through streets broad and narrow,
Crying, "Cockles and mussels, alive, alive oh"!

Irn-bru Feb 20th 2007 9:17 pm

Originally Posted by Molly Malone (Post 4433222)
Long time watcher, first time poster (?)

Nah, just introducing myself. I am Silly Sod's missus, and I have been reading along with him since he joined so I know a lot of people on here pretty well, and just decided to register and put my two cents in. I lived in the UK for about four months, which isn't very long, but I do know a bit about what it's like there (I positively love the place and wish we could go back, actually!!).

Currently unemployed but soon will have another job and I will probably not post often then, but for now I'll try and keep up. Umm, I'm a Michigan native though I have lived all over the US, I'm a mother of one, I still want to finish college and become a history teacher but that's on the back burner for a little longer yet. I love to talk politics and am a bleeding heart liberal on most issues.

I hate a full English breakfast and really don't like sausage, but I adore chips and curry sauce and beans on toast (lol) and I can make a really good chicken madras (the naan doesn't turn out too well, unfortunately). What I miss most about the UK are the comfy pubs, the temperate weather, the beautiful gardens, and all our family and friends there.

That was probably more than needed but a decent intro anyway. :)

Hello and welcome to the site though you already know us :)
I am hurt and don't see how we can be friends with your attitude to the highlighted portion :( ;) ;)

I hope you enjoy here and have a few laughs with us all :)

Ray Feb 20th 2007 9:21 pm

Originally Posted by irnbru4u (Post 4434831)
Hello and welcome to the site though you already know us :)
I am hurt and don't see how we can be friends with your attitude to the highlighted portion :( ;) ;)

I hope you enjoy here and have a few laughs with us all :)

You being a sausage lover you mean .....

Irn-bru Feb 20th 2007 9:26 pm

Originally Posted by Ray (Post 4434844)
You being a sausage lover you mean .....

If you mean that in a naughty way :p

but yes and I did take it she meant the full British breakfast not just the English? :)

Texas Mom Feb 20th 2007 10:16 pm

Hi Molly welcome to the site and good luck on the job front!

Silly Sod Feb 21st 2007 2:48 am

Ray -
Yes, I had that song in my head when I picked the name, I'm not really called Molly of course.

IrnBru-
Sausage does not sit well with me at all -it's better for everyone if I don't partake. Though I'm sure we can still be friends. :)

Full English, full British, whatever it's called, it masquerades as breakfast yet contains weird items like beans and tomatoes.

And I do understand all the sarcasm in the posts, I'm just crap at using it myself so I reply like I don't get it - a yank thing? Not sure myself. Hubby says we just have no sense of humour - I think if I don't laugh the first time I certainly won't once it's been carefully explained. Oh, and I tend to rant on and on! Ha ha, don't mind me! :D

Crap dudes I just realised after posting I am logged in as Dh, sorry!