Reload this Page >

Intl Autosource

Intl Autosource

Old Sep 12th 2012, 10:54 am
Just Joined

remember_me is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Intl Autosource

Hi All,

We've been recommended to these guys - our company deals with expatmotors, but their downpayment seems a bit much.

So can anyone advise what sort of downpayment and monthly we'd be looking at for Intl Autosource? Are they worth it?

We leave for US in a couple of weeks, so would like to have things in motion soon

Thanks!
Old Sep 12th 2012, 3:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

markwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud of
Default Re: Intl Autosource

Originally Posted by remember_me
Hi All,

We've been recommended to these guys - our company deals with expatmotors, but their downpayment seems a bit much.

So can anyone advise what sort of downpayment and monthly we'd be looking at for Intl Autosource? Are they worth it?

We leave for US in a couple of weeks, so would like to have things in motion soon

Thanks!
Take a look at the Volkswagon Foreign Business Professional scheme - we leased a new car through the scheme and it was prety easy - there is a thread here with all of the information. I believe BMW and Audi also have similar schemes.
Old Sep 12th 2012, 5:28 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

I used International Autosource back in 2006 when I came over. Can't speak to down payments etc as I paid outright. But I will say they got me vehicle at a price the dealer where it is serviced said they couldn't get to close to matching.

The vehicle was at the dealers for collection on time, and in fact cost less then I had agreed with IA, as the manufacture had introduced a rebate after I ordered and IA credited it against the payment I had to make before collection. Still have the vehicle, very pleased with it and the whole transaction with IA.
Old Sep 12th 2012, 5:48 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by markwm
Take a look at the Volkswagon Foreign Business Professional scheme - we leased a new car through the scheme and it was prety easy - there is a thread here with all of the information. I believe BMW and Audi also have similar schemes.
There's also loads of threads on Autosource on BE too....can't recall much talk of down payment, but a few on the lease rates, but then it all depends on what kind of motor ones looking for...
Old Sep 12th 2012, 6:06 pm
Forum Regular

Bayleaf_01 will become famous soon enoughBayleaf_01 will become famous soon enough

I currently have two vehicles leased through Int Auto. We actually increased our down payments (money from selling UK vehicles) to keep monthly payments lower. With a lease, you pay a set amount over the lease term, so high down payment equally lower monthly. I did get quote direct from Ford before contacting IA, and they agreed to beat it.
You can't pick vehicles up until social security numbers come through, but ours were through in two weeks, and cars were ready for us - we had initially been told it would take 6-8 weeks. Maybe that was something to do with the fact the dealership we picked them up from is next door to the Ford plant?
Old Sep 12th 2012, 6:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

HarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond repute

Had a very good experience with them...

Leased a car 2 yrs ago, paid $1000 down payment, they originally asked for $2,500.
Old Sep 13th 2012, 11:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

GeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond repute

We put down a $1,000 deposit for a $30,000 car. They knew full well I would be self employed and said it wouldn't be a problem. Car was built to spec, waiting for me a month early. When I finally arrived they wouldn't give it to me because I was... self employed.

That said, other than that, I think the service and deal would have been pretty good. Most reports on here seemed to recommend them. The deposit was refunded within a few days.
Old Sep 14th 2012, 5:02 am
Just Joined

remember_me is an unknown quantity at this point

well, we went with them for a ´13 Ford Focus. 1000 down payment, 274 a month after on a 24 month lease. Quite happy with it to be honest considering what we are paying on auto loan here

who do you use for insurance?
Old Sep 14th 2012, 3:55 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

well, we went with them for a ´13 Ford Focus. 1000 down payment, 274 a month after on a 24 month lease. Quite happy with it to be honest considering what we are paying on auto loan here

They can help you out...or ask for local recommendations as it's all state by state, but really something you should have gotten quotes for before choosing a motor as it can be really expensive, on a new motor, be happy if it's less than $1K per 6 months for decent cover.
Old Sep 16th 2012, 3:08 pm
lj2
BE Enthusiast

lj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of light

Through AIG's relo pogramme on a brand new Fusion plus a 2007 Jeep Liberty we pay 750 per 6 months - which is 500 bucks less than the next best we got quoted....
Old Sep 17th 2012, 1:42 am
VJW
Forum Regular

VJW is just really niceVJW is just really niceVJW is just really niceVJW is just really niceVJW is just really niceVJW is just really niceVJW is just really niceVJW is just really nice

We went with Int Autosource too. Ordered the car in Sept 2011 just before we left UK. Had a delivery date for Dec 16th 2011, which seemed reasonable because we had dithered around. However, car didnt come in until April 2012! Not a good experience, wouldn't recommend, would have been much easier to go with the VW Business thing. However, they did admit it was their cock up and paid for a nice hire car from Dec until car arrived in April. So shouldnt really complain, just a pain in the arse really.
Old Oct 20th 2012, 12:37 pm
Just Joined

Danishdynamite is an unknown quantity at this point

How did you manage that? We got a quote from them for 298 monthly with 2k down on a 24 months lease! We tried to haggle but he would not budge.
Old Oct 20th 2012, 2:07 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

I used IA to finance a purchase and the whole process went very smoothly - I can't praise them highly enough, and I have often recommended them here in the past. Like some others above mineral was built to order (a manual ) that took six weeks to come and so I didn't have to wait for my SSN.
Old Oct 20th 2012, 2:27 pm
Just Joined

Danishdynamite is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes that is fine but they seem to give out quite different prices and i would say the above sounds about right and ours rather high! Think im not going to go with IA at this rate.
Old Oct 22nd 2012, 4:51 pm
Just Joined

Aa83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys, who done the car insurance for the cars leased through IA?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.