Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

interviewer took I-94 no stamp yet

interviewer took I-94 no stamp yet

Old Aug 10th 2001, 4:21 am
Forum Regular

timiny74 is an unknown quantity at this point

We went in for our AOS interview Tuesday, the same day Nic had her fingerprints done. The interviewer said that they need to wait to receive the results of the fingerprinting before the stamp can be given. The ASC had electronic fingerprinting machines, we would hope that this electronic transfer would occur quickly and we'll receive our letter shortly stating that we're approved.

The only problem is the INS officer took Nic's I-94 card and we're heading off to a vacation on Aug. 21 to Seattle and Vancouver. While she does have her AP, we're worried that not having the I-94 could cause problems at the Washington State POE driving back from Vancouver. Should I go back in and try to get the I-94?
thanks.
Old Aug 10th 2001, 10:16 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

We had the very same anxieties after our interview. The I-94 was also taken, no stamp given and only the A/P papers left. We traveled back and forth to Canada without a problem. They didn't even bother to put a new I-94 on the A/P. Just looked it out and sent us on our way.

Rita
Old Aug 10th 2001, 12:34 pm
Lesage

Don't go overseas without an advanced parole. I heard many sad stories on INS Office.

Wayne & Yoly LeSage

Old Aug 10th 2001, 3:00 pm
Andy Platt

They have AP - just not the I-94.

Andy.

--
I'm not really here - it's just your warped imagination.

>
    >
    >
    >

Old Aug 10th 2001, 3:02 pm
Andy Platt

Since Jim is Canadian the same experience may not apply here (remember that most
Canadians never have an I-94 to begin with).

To Matt: I wouldn't worry about it at all. At worst she will have to fill in a new
I-94 when re-entering the US (and probably pay the $6 that is usually hidden in an
airline ticket).

Andy.

--

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Aug 10th 2001, 3:04 pm
Andy Platt

P.S. Can you post the interview details!

Andy.

--

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Aug 10th 2001, 3:53 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Even if he had to get a new I-94 Andy, doubt they would have to pay for it. We didn't when using either of the two A/P's and don't think the citizenship of the holder has anything to do with it. Believe it is the fact that it is required when using A/P for the first time.

Will be interested to see what their actual drive-thru experience is.

They had posted their AOS experience previously. You were busy enjoying Caroline ;-)

Rita
Old Apr 7th 2003, 10:57 pm
Howling at the Moon

lairdside will become famous soon enoughlairdside will become famous soon enough

The INS took my original I-94W when we filed for AOS. I left the US with an Advance Parole and when asked for my I-94W by the airline told them the INS had taken it , they showed no interest in the AP just said ' ok, so you have something else'. When returning later in the year I presented my passport, AP and the I-94 card filled out on the plane and had no problems.