British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   interview questions (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/interview-questions-112189/)

mickyboy Oct 2nd 2002 6:35 pm

interview questions

hi everone
Well i finally got my letter with my interview date today,it is on the 25th october so we are very excited.i have been reading all the enclosed stuff and have a question ,on the documents i need to take bit it says "court record" what is it and do i need it and if so how do i get it? as this is the first i have heard about it.

also on the letter with the date of interview on it the time has been crossed out and just a time for my medical is given,does this mean i go to the medicalthen straight to the embassy and they will then see me?

tar very much
mickyboy

West Ham for the cup...........:p

foolish501 Oct 2nd 2002 7:39 pm

Re: interview questions

Hi, i'm not expert, and i'm sure somebody will correct me if i'm wrong, you would only need the court record if your police record comes back with any convictions on. My police record came back saying that they had no record of anything for me (as in i've been a good boy)

As for your letter, yes medical first for you.

I've got my interview friday.

Originally posted by mickyboy:
hi everone
Well i finally got my letter with my interview date today,it is on the 25th october so we are very excited.i have been reading all the enclosed stuff and have a question ,on the documents i need to take bit it says "court record" what is it and do i need it and if so how do i get it? as this is the first i have heard about it.

also on the letter with the date of interview on it the time has been crossed out and just a time for my medical is given,does this mean i go to the medicalthen straight to the embassy and they will then see me?

tar very much
mickyboy

West Ham for the cup...........:p

Rob S Oct 2nd 2002 8:43 pm

The court records are only required if you have any convictions, if your letter from the National Identification Service (the 'Police Certificate) shows no record of you, you need not worry about the Court records. If you have any reason to believe the Police Certificate will show a record you should probably contact the Court Service now.

Someone else will no doubt fill in the details, but you are allocated times for your interview and medical according to the alphabet and the nature of your visa (Fiance or Spouse).

If you have one or other listed for 8am, that is the one you should go to first. From what i have gathered the letters tend to be confusing, mine said Interview 8am & Medical 00.00.

good luck
Rob

rogerpenycate Oct 2nd 2002 10:33 pm

Just to confirm what the others have said, you won't need a court record if your police report is "clean"

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't West Ham bottom of the
Premiership, we're playing you soon which should help you stay holding up the table ;o)

Patrick Oct 2nd 2002 10:59 pm

Originally posted by rogerpenycate:
Just to confirm what the others have said, you won't need a court record if your police report is "clean"

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't West Ham bottom of the
Premiership, we're playing you soon which should help you stay holding up the table ;o)

Hi Mickyboy and anyone else who needs this advice,

Everyone is correct you only need the court records if you have a conviction. If you do have a conviction you have to go to the clerk of the court (where you where convicted) and ask for a memorandum of conviction and they will send it to you. I rang up Leeds county court and they faxed it to me within the hour. Unlike police reports the court records (Memorandum of conviction) is free.

Good Luck

Patrick