Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

interview & EAD question....

interview & EAD question....

Old Apr 20th 2001, 9:37 pm
Forum Regular

bc_39 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I received my pkg 3 in the mail yesterday from Vancouver. After looking it over, i noticed a question, have you ever been refused entry into the US? Well, I was refused last August, the reason on the papers from the immigration officer is that i didn't have proper paperwork and that i could become a public charge.

Has anyone had this experience? Did you make it or get your visa denied? I have everything else in order, but am kind of worried. I'm going to be totally honest, tell them everything they want to know. I've been going back and forth to the US my whole life as much as i ever wanted with no problems.

One other quick question, I've been reading about the EAD, what i'm wondering, I will be going to the US, getting married 6 days later, should I just wait until I'm married to apply? Makes sense to me, I think...lol
Old Apr 20th 2001, 11:10 pm
cmagill

The day I had my interview another girl had hers . She had been refused entry. She
was moving to Caliafornia to live with her boyfriend. They refused her entry. She
applied for the K1 Visa and was approved while I was there. You will have no problem.

Jill

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

-----== Over 80,000 Newsgroups - 16 Different Servers! =-----

Old Apr 21st 2001, 12:41 am
Betastar

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

My husband is sitting in the next room, watching TV. A little over a year ago he made
it as far as Dulles Airport in the D.C. area, only to be sent back home to Austria.

We had no problems with the K1 - they never even asked about it despite a transcript
of his airport interrogation being in his file (we saw the interviewer skim over it).

As long as you weren't banned from entering the US or accused/convicted of Fraud
(they're the same thing with the INS) then you've nothing to fear.

Old Apr 21st 2001, 3:56 am
Forum Regular

bc_39 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for easing my fears!!!