Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Internet relationship--wanting to marry

Internet relationship--wanting to marry

Old Mar 17th 2007, 4:56 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Internet relationship--wanting to marry

Originally Posted by kissalicious1975
Errr, no i must be honest here as well, i would want him to stay in the US with me and file AOS...sorry <smile>
Ah, OK, that clears that up. I must be too naeive. I wouldn't think you would want to do something illegal.

Rene
Old Mar 17th 2007, 4:57 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Your kidding me .... must be me going senile then ....
Oh well, you were right....sigh....lol
Old Mar 17th 2007, 5:00 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Popcorn, anyone?

I do love these questions!
Old Mar 17th 2007, 5:02 pm
Banned

kissalicious1975 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Oh well, you were right....sigh....lol
Please, i'm not trying to be dishonest, i just think the money would be better spent paying for all the filing fees and such, i'm not trying to be difficult, just frugal, i suppose (call it what you will..lol). But as i've read on here countless times, whether legal in the eyes of immigration or not, the fact is that it would appear that people do it everday and seem to have no issues with doing so.
Old Mar 17th 2007, 5:07 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Please, i'm not trying to be dishonest, i just think the money would be better spent paying for all the filing fees and such, i'm not trying to be difficult, just frugal, i suppose (call it what you will..lol). But as i've read on here countless times, whether legal in the eyes of immigration or not, the fact is that it would appear that people do it everday and seem to have no issues with doing so.
You appear to have done your research well.
Old Mar 17th 2007, 5:11 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by fatbrit
You appear to have done your research well.
lol i mean, perhaps other have and endless supply of money, not to mention vacation time to forge these long distance relationships, however, i do not..lol. And besides, if you know what you want, why should two people be apart from one another, right?
Old Mar 17th 2007, 5:13 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

How do your kids feel about it?
Old Mar 17th 2007, 5:16 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by meauxna
How do your kids feel about it?
KIDS??? lol...i don't have kids...where did that come up? <smile>
Old Mar 17th 2007, 5:20 pm

lol i mean, perhaps other have and endless supply of money, not to mention vacation time to forge these long distance relationships, however, i do not..lol.
And neither did my fiance and I. That's why we spent 14 months apart while waiting to do it the legal way. Since your bf is British, the wait won't be anywhere near that long. I think for the sake of doing things the legal way, a separation of around 6 to 8 months is worth it, to be together forever in the long run.

And besides, if you know what you want, why should two people be apart from one another, right?
USCIS does not share your idea. And for you guys, USCIS has the final say in what happens with his adjustment. Wouldn't it be much harder for you guys to go through all this the way you want, only to be told at his AOS interview that he must return to the UK and start all over?

Rene
Old Mar 17th 2007, 5:23 pm
Just Joined

Macieo will become famous soon enough

To answer your original question I do not think you will have any trouble but I am not an expert. My husband came over as a tourist but it was not something we planned we got married and he stayed we got a lawyer and they did the paperwork. You do not even know this man though so why don't you take it as he is coming to visit and maybe if it works out you we will get married. What if you don't have any chemistry when you get together? My husband has a friend who actually did get married to some girl from Argentina it worked out for them but I think you should actually be with each other in real life before you make such a commitment.
Old Mar 17th 2007, 5:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Deedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond repute

Is this his first trip to the USA, and he is going to book his return flight for 3 months down the road on his first trip. I think this alone is going to put up some red flags when he enters.
Old Mar 17th 2007, 5:31 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Deedee13
Is this his first trip to the USA, and he is going to book his return flight for 3 months down the road on his first trip. I think this alone is going to put up some red flags when he enters.
Yes, it will be his first trip to the USA, or for anywhere outside of England for that matter. But if he said he was coming for holiday, to see NY, Disneyworld, etc, and that he has a friend that lives in Kentucky, why couldn't someone do that, especially a guy, just because he wants to?
Old Mar 17th 2007, 5:36 pm
Just Joined

Macieo will become famous soon enough

Yes, it will be his first trip to the USA, or for anywhere outside of England for that matter. But if he said he was coming for holiday, to see NY, Disneyworld, etc, and that he has a friend that lives in Kentucky, why couldn't someone do that, especially a guy, just because he wants to?
That is exactly what my husband did he came to visit me. I think the issue people are having is that you are saying in advance that you plan on getting married and then having him stay. I did get married this way and my husband did stay in the USA but we did not plan on doing things that way it just happened. I was never questioned by the INS or anything but I can only speak for myself.
Old Mar 17th 2007, 5:37 pm
Account Closed

conisby is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Popcorn, anyone?

I do love these questions!
Me too,

Simon finds comfy chair, sits back, cracks open a beer, and awaits more entertainment.

OOH the naivety....
Old Mar 17th 2007, 5:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Deedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond repute

because.... because its america.

americans get one week holiday off a year. mr uk comes over for 3. first red flag.

second red flag. never been here before and comes first time for 3 months

third red flag. three months is the max that anyone can spend on a vwp.

fourth red flag. he is unemployed.

fifth red flag. he lives with relatives does not have his own place.

six red flag. he has a friend that lives in kentucky, a brit? or someone else he has never met before?

need i go on.???

seventh red flag. there are over 12 million illegals, including out of status in the USA. is he 12 million and 1?

eighth red flag. GC on marriage is easier than most other ways to get into this country and fastest.

ninth red flag. They turn away people every day at the airport because of red flags like i just said and i dont think u want him to be on the list that gets turned away do u?

i sent u a Pm.

something worries me tho, u have never met him. he might be lousy in bed? he might be a slob, he might have lots of "friends" he has never met. He might be aggressive. He might stink. he might be a looser. These things u cant see on the internet or over the phone.

I hope ur not paying for his plane ticket.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.